Seem to have found a common feature of all people with SA - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
king of suave

My Mood: Angelic

Seem to have found a common feature of all people with SA

Just searching the website for keywords such as "laughed at" "stared" and one that surprised me was "people always say I look sad" made me wonder that most of us have all experienced at least one of these things in the past... I'm trying to think why? Is there something people with SA have that makes them laughable, or naturally miserable? What is this thing about us that people detest? I've seen plenty of attractive people on here who still suffer from these instances, so I wonder what is it? What don't people like about us?

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 09:12 PM
SAS member

My Mood: Lonely
I think it is the other way around. You first experience on of those things and that gives you SA / depression. Then you just act awkward and those things could be related to your SA, but not at first, at first those things cause SA / depression as I said.

- I now issue the call, are you ready to fight
Fight all together as one for the right to be free once again
Tonight we will win

I can see by the look that you have in your eyes
You came here for metal, to fight and to die
Defenders of Steel now we are home

Fight for the kingdom bound for glory
Armed with a heart of steel
I swear by the Brothers who stand before me
To no man shall I kneel
Their blood is upon my steel
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
king of suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajs View Post
I think it is the other way around. You first experience on of those things and that gives you SA / depression. Then you just act awkward and those things could be related to your SA, but not at first, at first those things cause SA / depression as I said.
That's kind of sad, if you think of it. It's like we've become this because that even before we had it we weren't considered "normal" by the world

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Permanently Banned

I think everyone experiences those things at some point but those with SA are more susceptible to it, they'll remember it longer and be upset by it more.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
king of suave

I've never understood anxiety with most people here, not in a bad way I just don't actually understand what they're afraid of. My fear defiantly comes from fear of rejection or being mocked...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 09:39 PM
SAS member

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandondedWolf View Post
That's kind of sad, if you think of it. It's like we've become this because that even before we had it we weren't considered "normal" by the world

It is sad. But is the way it is.

I think this pretty much sums the process ...

laughs/stare/something-atyou --> Get SA --> Start-acting-awkward
/\
lll_______________________________________________ l

- I now issue the call, are you ready to fight
Fight all together as one for the right to be free once again
Tonight we will win

I can see by the look that you have in your eyes
You came here for metal, to fight and to die
Defenders of Steel now we are home

Fight for the kingdom bound for glory
Armed with a heart of steel
I swear by the Brothers who stand before me
To no man shall I kneel
Their blood is upon my steel
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 10:52 PM
SAS Member

I think a lot of people misinterpret other people's actions, this is a symptom of SA. Someone near you laughs and you assume it's about you, when in reality it probably isn't.

Blog: www.agirlwithanxiety.com
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 11:01 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandondedWolf View Post
Just searching the website for keywords such as "laughed at" "stared" and one that surprised me was "people always say I look sad" made me wonder that most of us have all experienced at least one of these things in the past... I'm trying to think why? Is there something people with SA have that makes them laughable, or naturally miserable? What is this thing about us that people detest? I've seen plenty of attractive people on here who still suffer from these instances, so I wonder what is it? What don't people like about us?

Any thoughts?
I can't speak for all people here. I don't think people necessarily detest us. Sure, some will - can't please everyone. I think some of us have a negative self image and negative self talk, and this makes us perceive that others find us defective. I've seen plenty of "normal" looking people here too. There is a lot of negative thinking and cognitive distortions. That's my opinion about some of us.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page