SA Treatment/ Therapy Improvements and Changes - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

SA Treatment/ Therapy Improvements and Changes

I have an extremely broad question for you guys. From personal experience with social anxiety and from having many friends with social anxiety, I am passionate about pursuing more resource options and improvement in treatments for those, like me, with social anxiety.

My question is: In terms of new therapies or improvements on old ones or more resource availability, what changes would you guys like to see sa management?
From an individual basis, what would personally be beneficial to you to manage your social anxiety?
One thing I have wanted to be more available is support groups specific to social anxiety with central structure. I know "social anxiety anon" existed for a little bit, but support group locations were minimal.

So yeah; let me know what you think=)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I also have a follow-up question. Of what you have tried, what has been beneficial for you?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Inward Expedition

Location: Dragon's Triangle [where a regular compass wont work]
My Mood: Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj123 View Post
From an individual basis, what would personally be beneficial to you to manage your social anxiety?
Only one thing that has really helped me: accepting yourself fully & unconditionally, this starts with self discovery (still doing it now and maybe will still be doing this my whole life). By being comfortable in your own skin, you'll become secure in the world wherever you are, whatever situation you're in. Doesn't matter if you have or have no friends, 'good or bad' in presentations etc because whichever thing you choose (say, having only 4-5 close friends etc - damn it's hard to explain!), you know that's the best for you & you're happy with it. No more (at least much less) unnecessary self-consciousness (that I think is basically the definition of social anxiety).

Unless you're doing a scientific research, I suggest not to browse on this too much or you'll get overloaded and forget to apply any in real life (lol speaking from experience). Pick 1-2 methods that resonate with your heart and go with them until you think those become outdated as you grow, then move on to the new ones.

Good luck.

T r u t h always feels better.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page