Rude people - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Rude people

How do you deal with rude people. And what is the meanest thing you've ever been told?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I get away from them ASAP and try not to dwell on whatever they said. My SA issues are such that I am pretty much incapable of saying anything whenever I'm around them so my best option is usually to exit.

/WYSD
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 09:25 AM
womfn

Some mega douche guy was super mean to me driving next to me on a very narrow road. He wasn't really yelling but he was loud with an attitude saying something like I have plenty of room to get the **** out of his way and stuff like that. That shook me up.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:35 PM

@caelle

Sorry to hear.

That is road rage for you.

Most probably would pull over, let them pass (if there is enough room and no ditches on each side).

Not worth the trouble of confronting them. Some can be very violent when in that mood.

What you should notice if encounter enough of these types of people, is they are scared of others on the road and their actions. It comes out as rage. Like a kid throwing a tantrum to get their way.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 01:39 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
People in real life are pretty rude. I don't remember the meanest thing someone said to me, a lot of the time rudeness is passive aggressive like being cold or talking behind my back. I try to remember that opinions are just things in people's heads. If someone is rude I try to carry on as normal and not let them into my life as best as possible.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Absolute Thinker

Language: English
People are always rude to me since I was a kid, and their behavior interfered with allowing me to graduate school and from having income. I never had income before or received a stable interaction from people.

My aunt told me during Fall 2014, that I will be 30 years old and no job or female would want me for being too old.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I try to ignore them as much as I can...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I get away from them ASAP and try not to dwell on whatever they said. My SA issues are such that I am pretty much incapable of saying anything whenever I'm around them so my best option is usually to exit.
My social anxiety also doesn't allow me to say anything. I mostly want to cry.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
It's generally not a good idea to confront them if you're a loner without good social skills, because then they will turn all their buddies against you and make it all look like your fault which, isn't hard for them to do if they're cocky and confident and you're weird and quiet.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 01:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
I think it depends on how offended I am by the rudeness. Sometimes I can let things slide but I have called people out on their behaviour (in a firm non emotional way) and nothing bad has happened to me.

The meanest thing that someone has told me was actually by my dad who said ‘you’re mental no one will ever want you’. I must have been about 14. I’m not affected by it anymore and my relationship with my dad is better these days.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 08:53 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessThug View Post
People are always rude to me since I was a kid, and their behavior interfered with allowing me to graduate school and from having income. I never had income before or received a stable interaction from people.

My aunt told me during Fall 2014, that I will be 30 years old and no job or female would want me for being too old.
Uhg. Its always family isn't it. I don't remember the meanest thing but I'm working on being more vocal.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 08:55 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1 View Post
Same. it's horrible when anxiety is just wrecking your body and mind and it just leaves you so vulnerable.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverie101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1 View Post
Same. it's horrible when anxiety is just wrecking your body and mind and it just leaves you so vulnerable.

Yeah it really sucks
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:07 PM
Absolute Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverie101 View Post
Uhg. Its always family isn't it. I don't remember the meanest thing but I'm working on being more vocal.

From my aunt logic, the program knew that I had a strong interest in wanting a job and a girlfriend since age 11, so the program needed to convince an indirect message to isolate my previous first thoughts of putting in for jobs and the way I think of getting in a relationship, in order to hold back my current thoughts about how my aunt spoke of an upcoming time and a event she never witness from me.

A job can hire a 30 year old, but since the program knew that I never had a job in real life, the intention was to make me detect my aunt logic as true to myself in the situation that I'm in.

Man can still receive female relationship at age 30, and age 30 isn't too old for marrying or having kids.

When the program saw that I was able to find the solution to the correct logic, it tries another convincing logic to isolate me to lose my intention for the time. Even my own mother tries to use a special programmable logic to provoke my inner thoughts, then when I found a solution to her logic, she would say that I'm trying to make myself feel good.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 06:09 AM
SAS Member

I was working as a front desk worker at a busy doctors office and a man asked my coworker if I was stupid after I was getting confused about his question. I started shaking and my whole body felt like it was in pain and shortly after he left I started sobbing. Then my boss told me to take some time in the bathroom. I was heave crying in the bathroom for awhile and tried to come out again, but was still teary, so my boss let me go home for the day. I went home and heave cried on and off for two or three days. It was a scarring thing and I don’t know why I reacted like that.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:19 PM
dumb fantasy

Language: rambling
this has always been something that really bothers me, people starting problems through deliberate rudeness. I am getting better dealing with this lately. say for instance walking through the city someone does something really rude I try to shrug it off. they will do the same thing to pretty much everyone else and momentarily piss them off too. so it's nothing personal. maybe thinking about it that way will help you.

I like donuts
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:07 PM
SAS Member

Im having the same issue here, i need your help, the problem is i can't tell if someone is joking or being serious
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:52 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
I am the rude one. ignoring people often.

friend can be rude/disgusting. I avoid and tell her off.

random people semi rude to me - ignoring me, not meeting obligations or my expectations - I'll just never talk to them and ignore them as best as I can.

if they give me **** I've got a decent patronising look and a lot of sarcasm at hand. unless it feels too personal, in which case I'll avoid and ill be crying inside lol.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:08 AM
SAS Member

Stay calm just stayyyy calmmm don't let ur emotions take control
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:33 AM
SAS Member

Language: German, English
My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
"Getting away from the ASAP"

Good idea, so do I.

"Try not to dwell on whatever they said"

Oh boy, often that is really tough for me. Seriously, really difficult.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page