Returning home - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
and i won't back down

Returning home

Hello everyone! I've not been on SAS is quite a while. My social anxiety has been really low; I've been working with a therapist and CBT for the last 7 months and have made a lot of progress.
However, I just graduated from college (). That means that I've just moved back home; I've taken a job at a restaurant 15 minutes from my home, which makes it cheap and convenient (no rent and, since I don't have a license, rides). I am very excited about the job. I'm even planning on practicing my driving and going for my license test, with the prodding of my best friend and my therapist.
Unfortunately, I'm returning to a place where people treat me very specific ways that created the social anxiety and depression. Additionally, I've left a place where I had finally made lots of friends and am returning to a place where I don't really have any friends. I know that I'll end up spending all of my free time alone at my house which will, of course, strengthen my depression and anxiety. Until I get my license and a car, I won't be able to leave a five mile radius (other than work) and I'll just have time to focus on my loneliness and depression.
I'm worried that I'm going to relapse. I think I'll probably be spending a lot more time on SAS than I have in the last few months because I know I'll need the support.
Thanks to anyone who read this,
Meggie

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." -Albus Dumbledore

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 AM
SAS Member

Well first off congratulationson graduating ...and I get that u feel alot of nervousness abt going to a place where things were bad for you...but the job thing seems promising seriosuly u wont have to spend that much time at home and when u are home just occupy urself...calling the ppl u met in college...and befriending hte ppl at work...thats ur main sorce of not staying inside im sure u will get alone with the ppl there...and go out iwth them and call ur friendes alot...and maybe try finding something else to get into to...getting ur drivers liscence will give u something to feel excited abt...it seems like u will be keeping busy girl so i wouldnt worry abt it but just stay in GOOd contact with the positive ppl u meet at college and also im sure u will make friends at work...things will be fine don't worry so much.....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page