Requesting Advice| My Situation and How Should I Change It? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Official Otaku

My Mood: Sick
Question

Requesting Advice| My Situation and How Should I Change It?

This might sound strange, but I'm at the point of my social anxiety to where I think that inanimate objects judge me and mentally attack me for everything I do; for past mistakes and for decisions I should have made but didn't, as well as pointing out my own physical flaws. I've been trying to work on that last one, but I just don't feel like I have the determination. So I have to ask, does anyone have any methods I could try for helping ease my social anxiety without medication? I'd ask for medication but my doctor doesn't want me to rely on pills for the rest of my life (I'm already on anti-depressants as it is.) Besides, I shouldn't need to take medication to overcome something like this. It seems like such a simple task, yet daunting at the same time, probably because I don't know what I'm doing.

"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do." - Anonymous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Oneironaut

Exposure cleared up a good chunk of my anxiety. Probably the best path to head down if meds aren't something you're all that keen on tbh.

"...If only I could be so grossly incandescent..."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Official Otaku

My Mood: Sick
By exposure, I assume you mean going out there, talking to people, and trying to make friends? Or at the very least a decent conversation. Next time I'm in town, I'll try it.

"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do." - Anonymous.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page