placing all my cards on getting a job - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

placing all my cards on getting a job

im depressed, social anxiety is continuing to screw me over daily, my mind is f***ed. Will i ever be normal, will i ever live the life i want. I decided that it comes down to confidence and the main reason that i feel unconfident / inadequate is because i dont have a job. So im placing all my eggs in one basket, i dont feel like getting a job while been socially anxious and depressed but there is nothing else to do, it feels like im either going to make it or break it.

If i don't feel better after i have got a job i don't know what i will do, there will be nothing left. Getting a job is not easy while depressed, i applied for one the other day and now i wish i hadn't, the phone rang this morning and i didnt want to answer it, i don't really want that job anymore i secretly wish they just choose someone else and never contact me, but it depends how im feeling. Time is running out anyway, not really but in my head it is, it is decision time, im poor now but if i don't get a job soon im going to be broke,in 4 months i am either going to be a broke unemployed loser or doing ok

im getting sick of this, can't take it any more, haven't told anyone, there is really no-one i want to tell, sick of making out everything is ok when 80% of the time it's not. Hope this doesn't get the thread locked but i keep liking the idea of self harming, i don't but i want too, then i wont be able to hide it anymore people will know im in pain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:15 PM
SAS Member

I don't think getting a job will cure all your SA problems but its defiantly is a step forward. I have a job but its turns out that it's a dead end job. Actually I think all "jobs" are dead end. I want to try a new job but like you I'm also terrified of the idea. I have had pretty ****ty jobs. I now think I have a better one than the last one but I now want a better one, lol. In your case you don't have one and I think you'll be with just having a "job". Not having a job is worst feeling ever.

The thing I'm going to try, and I don't If it will work for you, but is to just not give much importance to the idea of getting a job. What I mean is not to take your self so seriously. Just try it. Always have in the back of your mind that you can quit if you don't like it. I bet your future boss has had people quit on him before so he is not thinking much of you so why think much of him or his job?

I don't know if I make sense but yeah. I'm in the same boat. One day I'm just gonna do it. I'm gonna apply for that new job like if it wasn't that important.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
SAS Member

I need a job too, or else I'm getting kicked out of the only country where I know anyone. And it can't just be any job, it has to be a specialized job. And it has to be soon.

I pretty much feel like I have a gun to my head and each the day the trigger is being squeezed tighter.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeToOne View Post
I need a job too, or else I'm getting kicked out of the only country where I know anyone. And it can't just be any job, it has to be a specialized job. And it has to be soon.

I pretty much feel like I have a gun to my head and each the day the trigger is being squeezed tighter.
I feel you, I have to get a job by the end of the month or else I have to move across the country and move back into my parents house, where I also have no friends.

Obviously yours is a bigger deal, but I understand the feeling. It also sucks feeling like I'm too anxious to job hunt when my future is kind of riding on whether I get a job.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page