Paralyzing Anxiety starting new Jobs - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Locked and Loaded

My Mood: Doh

Paralyzing Anxiety starting new Jobs

Hi all,

So I'm beginning a new job on the 23rd of September and I'm exited to finally be starting an apprenticeship, this should be a good career opportunity and I'm so proud of myself for having gotten this far, but there's a hurdle I gotta get over before I start...

I know I will be nervous on the first day/ weeks and probably extremely sick. It always happens when ever I try something new out of my comfort zone. I get anxiety through the roof to the point I can feel myself going numb and possibly faint, it is paralyzing because it gets so bad, my complexion turns ghostly.

Even though I tell myself in my head that I am exited for this job my body tells me otherwise, I've have this light feeling inside when I think about the day I start, it's not feeling sick, but you feel something odd inside.

I hate always having to deal with this and feeling this way, every time I try something new I always get this way, I'm going to have to force myself through it just like I did starting highschool and my previous 2 jobs. Eventually I become comfortable but it can take a long time. I just don't understand why I have to be like this.

So how would you deal with my situation, do you have any tips of what I can do to feel better when the day comes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 06:29 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
my apprenticeship sucked. it was really boring after the first few weeks. then the guys i worked with started being dicks, so i left.

hope it goes well for you. not much you can do really, just try to relax and go with the flow.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 06:37 PM
SAS Member

I'm in a very similar situation, I start my first full time job on the 21st of September since graduating from uni a couple of months ago, freaking out a bit already, wish you could just fast forward to the bit where you are comfortable there and know what you are doing.

Wish I could give you some advice, but I don't know myself haha

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 05:42 PM
SAS Member

Snap! I start my apprentice role on the 21st. I was really happy to get this job but I'm really nervous that I won't fit into the group of people that already work there & I'll be the odd one out. I guess we're both in the same situation, let me know how it goes for you and how you deal with your anxiety when working!!! Xx

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page