Negativity - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2021, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Negativity

I focus on negativity towards me so much.

I focus on how I'm treated differently by some people, when I know it's a reflection on them.

I realised that I don't appreciate the people who have been nice to me and supported me.

I don't have a lot of support in my life but I have my mum so I am blessed.

Do you think you are like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2021, 11:47 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
I probably used to be but now most of my energy is devoted to keeping myself distracted and surviving. I can't be bothered to focus too much on things that don't actually impact me in any meaningful way

/WYSD
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2021, 11:46 AM
SAS Member

I used to be the same way. I have stopped trying to do that.

I used to beat myself up about every single tiny thing (Still do at times). It's best to focus on yourself I have found. Other people can come later. Not everybody is going to like you at the end of the day. It sucks, but it is how it is.

Listening to music, whilst sipping a cup of tea in my cave.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2021, 02:21 PM
SAS Member

Ohhhhhh yes. I have this thing where, if I'm in any kind of conflict or disagreement with someone, my first assumption is usually that I'm in the wrong and the other person is right. (Unless, of course, it's someone I know very well, or it's a topic I'm very secure in my knowledge in.) Like, if I accidentally bump into someone while leaving the bank, my first thought is, "I should have moved out of the way, watched where I was going," etc. Never mind the fact that the other person was clearly not paying attention either.
Of course, this also means that if someone criticizes me or behaves in a negative way towards me, it must somehow be my fault, like I did something wrong.
Trying to be better about this, but it's definitely an uphill battle.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2021, 03:49 PM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
I don't focus on the negative way people treat me. I mostly take for granted that people would prefer it if I weren't around.

What I focus too much on is bad luck in general. All the things that happened, or didn't happen, that contributed to making my life worse that was outside my control. I "curse my fate," not other people.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2021, 04:19 PM
customusertitle

their negativity towards me isn't always unjustified.
I try not to be rude * to people, but I often can't hide my disinterest in most people so it comes off this way.
Most just ignore me, but some people just throw my negativity back at me, so I'm like: 'oh. wait. maybe I need to be less rude to people'. :')
can't think of much unprovoked negativity i face.

* in an (ew) passive aggressive way.

the truth may vary
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 08:30 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Tired
Absolutely. I am much too concerned with what other people think of me. I'll dwell over any kind of perceived negatively.

A person's a person no matter how small. -Dr. Seuss
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2021, 07:56 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Sucks View Post
Not everybody is going to like you at the end of the day. It sucks, but it is how it is.
Agree but one thing that I live by is that just because you don't like me does not give you an excuse to disrespect me. I dont allow it. And if you bring that energy around me, I make sure they get it right back. Of Im not gonna go after every random stranger that treats me rude lol. Thats too much work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still thinking of one.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2021, 08:51 PM
SAS Member

I don't focus on the negative ways people treat me because usually people treat me pretty well. I assume that people dislike me, but really, it's justified. I suck. In reality, people probably don't give too much of a thought to me. As far as definite bad treatment, I'm the only one who treats myself poorly.

I'm a very negative person. I simply don't know how to be positive. I just don't.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2021, 09:56 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context
Being repeatedly put in the same situation makes me think negative about people overall. The fact here is that my negative thoughts that I had as a child about how people speak to me and behave towards me are accurate.

Never had a career, never had an income, never had a girlfriend, regardless of how many times I tried. The people have the same mentality, perception and belief about me since I was a child. The people behavior and communication induces my social anxiety and depression.

The A.I Computers/NSA engineers use a computational intelligence system to design a mentality by translating key information/cryptographic keys into thoughts, logic, and emotions that are fake to manage humanity 24/7.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2021, 02:08 PM
SAS Member

If we aren't happy when we look at ourselves in the mirror, perhaps it's time to start making changes... Changing/tweaking the easiest ones first and transforming ourselves into someone we do admire can bring the best out in ourselves, and bring about positive changes in our day to day interactions too. If everything else has failed, could this be a way forward?

These are just my thoughts/opinions, I am not a Doctor/Health Professional etc. so please draw your own conclusions.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2021, 10:18 AM
SAS Member

My big problem, somehow, is that my subconscious brain expects things to be perfect. Like that's the unconscious expectation it has going into situations. So then when something inevitably isn't perfect, no matter how small, it stands out as being outside the norm. So at the end of whatever situation it is, I've got a whole bunch of negative points racked up, and I'm just like, "Well, that was terrible," even when it really wasn't. Kind of like not being able to see the forest for the trees I guess xP
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2021, 03:56 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticradio725 View Post
My big problem, somehow, is that my subconscious brain expects things to be perfect. Like that's the unconscious expectation it has going into situations. So then when something inevitably isn't perfect, no matter how small, it stands out as being outside the norm. So at the end of whatever situation it is, I've got a whole bunch of negative points racked up, and I'm just like, "Well, that was terrible," even when it really wasn't. Kind of like not being able to see the forest for the trees I guess xP

If it helps, realising that not everything is perfect sounds like rational thinking to me

These are just my thoughts/opinions, I am not a Doctor/Health Professional etc. so please draw your own conclusions.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page