Need support/advice for upcoming job interview - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Need support/advice for upcoming job interview

I have an upcoming job interview on Friday. It's a data entry position, and I applied for it on Craigslist. The job ad itself did not give me a whole lot of information about the business that is hiring, except it's a dentistry office looking for a student/college graduate to do full time data entry, and it's an immediate hire thing.

First of all, I need advice about two things. #1 is how to keep my anxiety in check before and during an interview. My problem is I tend to be so anxious that trying to make myself prepare for the interview by looking up interview questions and making up polished answers makes me more anxious or resistent to the job interview. Additionally, I have, on several occasions, been SO anxious the night before an interview that I can't sleep well and I end up cancelling the interview or being a no-show.

#2 is how to actually ace the interview. It's one thing to look up on the internet what are the basic questions I might be asked in an interview, but it's another thing to be actually asked something during the interview that I wasn't expecting. Either way, I feel screwed because sometimes I make up interview answers and when I'm asked them during interviews, I completely blank out and forget what I was going to say because I'm getting anxious. Mostly, my thoughts pertain to negativity about myself and how unconfident I feel. I also think a lot about how I am being perceived by the interviewer and whether I sound coherent or not.

Any positive advice you guys have, I'm willing to take!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 05:00 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheerful
How did the interview go?

wubba lubba dub dubs!! - Rick
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Almost empty

My Mood: Inspired
I hope you stood your ground & hope your interview went well. I have the same anxieties as you

"Let everything happen to you. Beauty & terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final" ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 11:02 AM
sup

Try to not think about it so much!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page