Must Watch: Six part video on Social Anxiety Disorder - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReincarnatedRose View Post
Yet, with SA, sometimes you can be similar to others and yet you don't fit in. When you have SA, you have a sense that you could belong and yet something that feels out of your control is keeping you from belonging so that adds another level of outside-ness (if you will), so I really enjoyed that statement.
That's exactly how I feel

one person will never truly know the experience of another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReincarnatedRose View Post
When you have SA, you have a sense that you could belong and yet something that feels out of your control is keeping you from belonging so that adds another level of outside-ness...
YES! I have always, always felt like this. I didn't understand why I was always either ignored or bullied, because in my opinion, I wasn't "that" strange, or weird, or ugly. In the last few years, when trying to make sense of my school years, I've actually said that to people, in slightly different words: that it didn't make sense to me, on the surface I didn't look that different from other kids, and on the inside (and at home) I was just as outgoing and friendly and smart and funny as any of them. I told my boyfriend a few months ago that I always wished just ONE of my classmates would have reached out to me and taken the time to get to know me, but that didn't happen.

The little girl in the video has friends even though she didn't talk at all: that made me so emotional. Even though she struggles, she won't feel ostracized like I and so many of us did in school.

This video affected me so much; I fell asleep at 5am after watching it and woke up before 11. I could not go back to sleep; my mind is racing.
post #43 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Permanently Banned

the documentary is a sob story. it tells the viewer to feel sorry for themselves and doesn't really punish them as it should. the best documentary is one that doesn't make excuses for its sufferers and doesn't feed into their self-pity. We need to experience discomfort, pain and humiliation, not fake acceptance, if we're to improve lives.

post #44 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 AM
SAS Member

It's great to see the video and to know that I'm not the only one. We have to somehow accept outselves... but it's so hard though
post #45 of 218 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 09:46 AM
SAS Member

beautiful
post #46 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 09:32 PM
SAS Member

I clicked on this post by mistake...was trying to click on the haircut thread. Arg. I cant believe this is still out there. This was a long time ago. I participated in it. Feel like I just got punched in the stomach...lots of old feelings. Things are better now though. Made a lot of progress over the SA.
post #47 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Permanently Banned

i've seen this years ago but thanks

i'm currently looking for a higher quality version
post #48 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 PM
SAS Member

This video looks interesting. I can't wait til I have time to watch it!
post #49 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 07:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbarrow View Post
the documentary is a sob story. it tells the viewer to feel sorry for themselves and doesn't really punish them as it should. the best documentary is one that doesn't make excuses for its sufferers and doesn't feed into their self-pity. We need to experience discomfort, pain and humiliation, not fake acceptance, if we're to improve lives.
ya punish someone for having SA, so that he gets traumatized even more and never makes a move ever again, that sounds like the right approach. ****ing ***** therapists and doctors who know nothing about humans behavior unlike you.
post #50 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Under Construction

I think this video was great because it shows us how many people suffers from SA. Wow, I didn't know it was the third most common disorder in the US. I wonder how many suffers from this in my country (Brazil). Unfortunately, not everyone thinks it was a good video.

This link have a full, better quality video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmEJE...eature=related

enjoy it! ^_^

"A friend indeed is a friend in need, so let's help one another and be stroger against SA"
post #51 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winky View Post

Thank you for posting this, xTKsaucex. I owe ya five bucks!
I'll send you my address ;]

Reading through your post I couldn't help but smile. SO glad its helped.

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel. Tear up the book and write your own damn rules. Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got, and the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

Hello again, to all my friends, together we can play some rock 'n' roll

http://xalexisflloydx.deviantart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/chris.lloyd.336717

Sorry for any previous and future madness on this forum. Bi Polar is a ****** sometimes =/
post #52 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Healing in process, mind

Great video, especially for me that only found out of my condition 5 months ago, before i just taught i was another weirdo.
post #53 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 03:57 AM
SAS Member

Can this video be purchased and downloaded somewhere?
post #54 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

It's available only as a VHS tape here:
http://www.freedomfromfear.org/ftp/B...RE/videos.html
post #55 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
SAS Member

Thank you for posting-really helpful!
post #56 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM
SAS Member

This was really helpful, thanks
post #57 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 PM
SAS Member

Great post, watching the doc fills me with a lot of hope and motivation to improve.
post #58 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 09:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
ya punish someone for having SA, so that he gets traumatized even more and never makes a move ever again, that sounds like the right approach. ****ing ***** therapists and doctors who know nothing about humans behavior unlike you.
Its only after becoming a complete outcast at uni did I decide to seek help
post #59 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 PM
SAS Member

Great video here! I watched this a while back but to this day it still inspires me to evolve as an individual
post #60 of 218 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 AM
SAS Member

I was definitely the oddball growing up...I never knew why I was so afraid of interacting with other people...I never told my folks I had panic attacks, ate by myself or escaped to the restroom between classes crying wishing I would just die...Then repeat the same process over an over for years until I finally broke down & tried to kill myself...It was the groundhog day of living hell...I suppose I could be worse off...I could be dead, but I live...And I would like to think I'm alive for a reason...Maybe I can help others in pain...Maybe just maybe I.......Well, I'm here & I love everybody...Having a good positive attitude can help tremendously...I may not be 100% better yet, but I'm trying like heck to get there

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page