Must Watch: Six part video on Social Anxiety Disorder - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
SAS Member

Thank you for posting this! I think I'll post it on my blog as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM
SAS Member

Thanks for posting I am so excited to watch this
post #23 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
SAS Member

thanks

thanks

post #24 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:07 AM
anxious geek

My Mood: Worried
Thanks for posting. Made me cry. I may post it to facebook.
post #25 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I forgot to mention - Its $5 a watch. So 1600+ people owe me money for no particular reason.

Glad its helping some peeps here though

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel. Tear up the book and write your own damn rules. Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got, and the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

Hello again, to all my friends, together we can play some rock 'n' roll

http://xalexisflloydx.deviantart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/chris.lloyd.336717

Sorry for any previous and future madness on this forum. Bi Polar is a ****** sometimes =/
post #26 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
SAS Member

Thanks. Watching this makes me want to get help more..Just to afraid to do soo. I often feel like I wont be able to discuss certain issues with someone I dont know. Plus, I find it difficult to reflect and discuss pass examples and moments.

Also, its not surprising that lady has SA and is a psychologist.
post #27 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 PM
SAS Member

opk
post #28 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 11:38 PM
SAS Member

Hi MoniqueS. whats ur blog??
post #29 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 07:39 AM
SAS Member

I never thought that a psychologist would have mental illnesses, such as SAD. I'm glad I've now seen this documentary.

It's helped me deciding what to do next.
Thank you xTKsaucex.

"I can only think about a good life or a wonderful suicide note."
"There's two things we can't escape from and only one of both you can do it yourself. Those are Life and Death."
post #30 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Breaking Loose

Thanks for posting these videos. It's nice to actually see someone with SA.
post #31 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 06:32 PM
💀

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
This means a lot to me because as a young girl I was diagnosed with selective mutism, only they never told my parents and the only way my mum even found out was much later on a report my brother had under the section on family background... It makes me angry to think about the fact that some people don't get help. I am now 20 and I hope that more people get help at a young age then they do now...

Eventually I improved, and have improved a lot more since more since moving to uni, though recently things seem to be getting worse again due to isolation and I still have problems. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that my parents don't understand that this is an actual mental health problem, they think that it's all normal, and it's fine to feel like I do, especially my dad who was also always shy though I don't know if he ever suffered from SA. I kind of wish they would watch something like this and realise it's not that easy.
post #32 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 AM
SAS Member

Thanks xTKsaucex ^
post #33 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 12:10 PM
SAS Member

Thx for the post
I shall watch this
I love docs!
post #34 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 03:21 AM
SAS Member

The outside of the outsiders.

This is exactly how I feel, its like at home I am fine but when I go out on my own. It is like I am the only one in a post apocalyptic world I can communicated to, and I shut down or become really awkward/incapable to talk to without any direct meaning. With a particular bias to women in some cases but generally both genders. So its simply not some fear of girls thing...<tell that to my parents.>
post #35 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 04:52 AM
SAS Member

Thank you for posting these videos. They were pretty informative and I'm glad treatment worked on the people shown.
post #36 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 AM
SAS Member

I cried watching that documentary.
post #37 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 10:38 PM
SAS Member

I'm on the fourth video. It's really good so far and I think it's really helped understand my condition and where I am right now with regards to getting over my social anxiety that I once had. I think that I certainly have developed some conditioning for how I deal with people that I feel that I need to overcome. I would disagree with their opinion that medication is the answer. When I've been on medication it's made me feel much more dumbed down and it's really made me feel worse and oppressed me. It hasn't made me feel better.
post #38 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
SAS Member

Fucc its not hd
post #39 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:52 PM
SAS Member

Cool, going to check it out now. Thanks for posting.
post #40 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 01:02 AM
SAS Member

Thank you SO much for posting this. It's almost 4am here but I could not go to sleep until I watched the whole documentary. It was fascinating and heartbreaking and inspiring and beautiful. I was in tears watching it and holding back tears as I write this. I can identify with SO much of what the people in the video said.

I didn't know there was a name for how I am. I didn't know that other people felt like this; I felt like I was alone, and I know now that I am not.

When they showed the little girl who did not talk at all in school, talking at home a mile a minute- that was me. I always felt like I could get through the school day because as soon as I could get to my house, I could be the real me again. I think that's why I never turned to alcohol; never got depressed or contemplated suicide; because I had a safe haven at home...

No one knows how desperately I struggle with this; I did not intend to tell my mom or sisters (my dad passed away last May) because I don't want them to feel sorry for me; I don't want my mom to feel bad because she didn't get help for me; how COULD she when I was so adept at hiding how bad things were for me?

It also really struck me when they were mentioned that this runs in families. We have never talked much about this, but my dad and mom were always homebodies- never socialized much. My dad didn't graduate; instead getting his GED. Why? Because he had to take a speech class and it was impossible for him to get up and give the speech. My mom was 28 before she got her license (I still don't have mine yet.) My aunt did not get hers until she was in her 20s. My grandmother had certain things about her, when I look back, that lead me to believe that this may have been an issue for her as well.

Wow. I can't get over this. My boyfriend and I are spending the weekend together and I am going to show him this video; he's been trying to help me figure out why I have so many fears, and I can't wait to show this to him. After he and I talk, I am going to post this on facebook and out myself. I want everyone to know about this so that if anyone else I know is going through it, they can watch the video and feel hope.

The outsider of the outsider. That is just how I felt in school.

Sorry for going on and on... I just am so emotional right now... if I wasn't so exhausted this would no doubt be longer (and more coherent lol...)

Thank you for posting this, xTKsaucex. I owe ya five bucks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page