Howdy

I did the same.. didn't add friends on fb.. ):

Yuck bacon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Hermit

My Mood: Scared
I am too much happier alone. I had friends recently and I was always in fear of being rejected and anxious about what to say, how to react and so on. Eventually, I got rejected. Then they wanted me again as friend, then they again rejected me for no obvious reason. That's it. I am happier alone.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 AM
SAS Member

I wonder if I'm just wasting my time keeping all these friends. When I was a teen I looked through my phone and felt bad because I had like 5 people in it. Now I have stacks, at least by my standards. Messages from various people. I was depressed then, but now I'm anxious.

Stupid brain.

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Omg seems like bliss lol.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 07:52 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblegirl82 View Post
I would like to live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere and never see anyone. I honestly feel this would make me really happy. I like living on my own and genuinely don't have a problem with not having a relationship/kids. I find it difficult to admit this in person though as people think I am strange or are weirdly hostile/questioning about it. Its as though you are questioning what they do in life. I look at relationships and just think I couldn't cope/wouldn't want the complications.
I agree with you especially with the relationships part. I've been single and isolating for just over a year now and I'm much happier. Dealing with people on a day to day basis is not my thing.
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 11:48 AM
SAS Member

Well... You do not sound very happy :/ I cannot understand those people who just wanna isolate themselves. What the F are you going to do all day?? dont have you have interests? dreams and so on?

I think you should just get in therapy and on somekind of anti-stress program. It sounds like you were just in a situation where to many people gave you to much S**t to deal with.

Find a job you like, thereby the chances are bigger you also find people you like. And then else start being more loyal to yourself and cut away people in your life that doesn't give it a positive influence.
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 12:49 PM
SAS Member

So how do you make money to live now?
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 12:54 PM
SAS Member

Isolation is my paradise.
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 12:56 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
I'm gearing up to give the social thing another try. Last chance, but I'll give it a few years at least. Only doing this because I know I'll regret it later if I don't try. I know I'm happiest when isolated and allowed to pursue my hobbies without distractions, but the remainder of my youth isn't going to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jever View Post
Well... You do not sound very happy :/ I cannot understand those people who just wanna isolate themselves. What the F are you going to do all day?? dont have you have interests? dreams and so on?
For some of us, those are easily forgotten in the siren call of MMOs and binging all day, every day, far from all sources of pain and anxiety. It's not an unhappy existence, it can be fulfilling. Others can't stand it for long, or at all. To each their own.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jever View Post
Writing, poetry, hiking, gardening, swimming, running, fitness, science, history, psychology, physics, philosophy, books, art, sculpture, mathematics, singing, instruments, metalworking, programming, game design, building PCs, cooking, baking, confectionery, dog training, horse training, animal rehab, meditation, fishing

Small list of things you donít need to interact with other people for beyond selling/buying or briefly sharing a workspace that are highly valuable.
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 11:37 PM
SAS Member

In my opinion, everyone needs to be able to isolate themselves from society. The way you do this is that you have to reject the standard social propaganda that says you must spend lots of money on recreation, buy a luxury car, buy a house, and have multiple children because this will just put you deep in debt and make you a wage slave, which means you must deal with people at work whether you like it or not.

You must be frugal, save up about 80% of your income, and then live off the internet and dividends from your investments. If this means buying an old car and living with parents, I say do it. If people accuse you of being a bum or a mammas boy, be proud that you are not a conformist wage slave and that you live off interest. Don't buy a luxury car. Buy a second hand car certified by a mechanic you trust. With regards to food, you can save a lot of money by eating as if you were an Asian peasant. This might sound stupid but the traditional Asian peasant diet of rice, beans and vegetables has resulted in high life expectancy and low rates of obesity, diabetes, and cancer. Because this diet of rice, beans, and vegetables can be afforded by peasants, it will save you a significant amount of money over time. Avoid Western-style processed food especially food high in saturated fat, including dairy milk, cheese, and meat.

At work, never form deep friendships with anyone. Be kind and polite and professional, but that is it. Try to move around work so that you can finally settle in a place you are comfortable in. Then stay there for as long as you can while you build your investments and the passive income you live off rises bit by bit. Always remember to diversify your investments. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

When you are fired or your work becomes so painful that you must quit, you can live off interest and dividends and be happy. You can go to places like Chiang Mai, Thailand where US$1000 per month sees you living a life of luxury.

Some people don't like isolation and need human connection, and that is fine. But setting yourself up to live off interest and dividends gives you the choice to isolate yourself when that human connection turns sour.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page