Movement - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Movement

Just a lesson I learnt after coming out of my anxieties and depression.

Do you remember the last cold you had? Although the unpleasantness was bitter you lived with it patiently and went about your day. At the end things were pleasant again.

This is also the case with social anxiety. My psychologist used to talk to me so much but it wouldn't internalise. It wouldn't change me and she couldn't figure out why. What she said I agreed with. But still I was always down and things weren't changing.

How did things change? When i decided enough is enough I have to start moving. By that I mean i started making small changes towards becoming better. Bit by bit. The cure was there it was just on the other side of some unpleasantness. To get there i had to accept that but you know what's beautiful? I didn't have to jump in....small changes were sufficient. I could handle small changes. Then I started noticing improvements in my mood. Positivity. Optimism. With that there was more commitment to keep going. At the start it feels like garbage and there are ups and downs. But if you have your eyes on the goal that's all that matters. What's in between doesn't matter.

You see the subconscious mind wants evidence. You have to feed it positivity in whatever form. Once it starts seeing the truth it won't reject it and that's when things start changing with your mood. To give it that evidence you have to at least start. Slowly as you keep doing things even if it's facing small fears, confidence starts building and you keep growing and growing the more you work on yourself. Eventually you come out of it.

Don't overwhelm yourself. Take baby steps. And give yourself time.

Patience has fruits! You know how some medicines are bitter? But they cure you. That's like the cure to social anxiety and it's related depression. Face fears slowly. Small steps. It's not a straight line process. It comes together slowly. Even if you start by making a phone call or doing the washing it's all movement. The main thing Is movement. I wasn't making changes that's why the depression was overpowering everything in my life.

I hope that's helps
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Sorry I had to edit because of bad spelling.
Posted via Mobile Device

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page