Living Up To Somebody Else's Responsibility - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Fun...Fluid...Formidable

My Mood: Breezy

Living Up To Somebody Else's Responsibility

Today I identified another area where I'm living someone else's life. My father was not able to be responsible. I grew up with emotional and verbal messages from my Mom and others that being responsible means getting a job, no matter if it fits your talents, and "hanging in there". That was my Dad's familial responsibility. From now on my job is to be as creative and impactful as possible. To bring my ideas to the marketplace and looking for a new job that encourages my obsessively imaginative way of thinking. I'm going to let it rip now that I know what I'm ripping.

I'm no longer embarrassed about my creativity. The universe, god, holy spirit (whatever) deposited it in my being and I have a RESPONSIBILITY to express it. If that means I call myself an artist, a businessman, a designer etc from now on, so be it. I'm no longer squelching the obvious.

Anxiety-free since a quarter a' three...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page