Let it go. Let it go. Let it go. - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 860 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 AM
finished uni!

My Mood: Brooding
I agree. This is also the main point of Erkhart Tolle's The Power of Now.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake - Auguries of Innocence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 860 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 PM
SAS Member

You're perfectly correct. It's amazing how much these simple, small ways we go about thinking really do impact the bigger-picture of our emotions, thought life, mindset. The phrases "let it go", "just do it", and "let go and just see what happens", and the sentiments & deeper thinking behind them, have impacted me hugely once I embraced them.
post #63 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:46 PM
SAS Member

i really liked your post.. thats something i really need to work on

post #64 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:36 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

This topic may help finish my persistance of the opposite. I love you Tony. You are sweet and right.
post #65 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 PM
chronic internet addict

Everytime I see the Topic title, The thought that always pops up is "No. Hell no".

Guess that shows a bit of problem.

A cat is fine too
post #66 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM
SAS Member

Most definitely a huge issue for me right now! It is the root of most of my problems.
post #67 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
SAS Member

I seriously wish I could do this!
There are so many times when I have to force myself to stop thinking about stupid stuff from the past to concentrate on something important that's happening right in front of me and then 2 minutes later I realise that I'm doing it again!
BRAIN, SHUT UP
post #68 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 03:06 PM
My Mind

Probably my biggest issue right now. It doesn't feel natural to project confidence, because everybody thinks of you as that depressed, awkward guy. I said a harmless thing to this girl today and she told me to shut-up and that nobody liked me in a loud voice. She was laughing right before she did this.
post #69 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM
SAS Member

bad *** post man
post #70 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Lateralus

My Mood: Sleepy
Yeah, not good to dwell. You'll drive yourself nuts. I know for me personally I picture my life without SA and how I'd be doing and how I'd of taken advantage of the opportunities I DID have. It drives me nuts but it's so difficult. I would do anything to get rid of SA, when it hit it was like a live grenade being plopped at my feet and my whole life died.

I'm alive, but I'm not living.

I just wish I could understand why this had to happen to me, then I realize there isn't any one reason to blame it on, as much as I wish there was. I want someone to point the finger at but it just isn't there.

I know the pieces fit cause I watched them fall away
post #71 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Aluminum Anthill Survivor

Language: English
Thank you for the positive words. I just wish it were that easy.
post #72 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Aluminum Anthill Survivor

Language: English
post #73 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
SAS Member

I try so hard to let things go but I'm just not quite at that point yet. Whenever the tiniest bad thing happens to me I can't help but dwell on it all day and it ruins everything. Bad exchanges with other people bother me because despite being mostly solitary, I know that deep inside I do have a need to avoid disappointing people.
post #74 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 01:57 AM
mmk
SAS Member

my biggest problem right now. i graduated two years ago and i'm STILL dwelling on things that everyone else has forgotten about. kinda glad to see i'm not the only one, though.
post #75 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM
SAS Member

Im Always Thinking about the past and i always get hurt but i cant help it!! I Want to forget it but im not a person who forgets easily
post #76 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Josh C.

If you want a good read about staying in the moment find "The Power of Now; the guide to spiritual enlightenment" by eckhart tolle. its a tuff read but apparently has changed millions of peoples lives. Check it out
post #77 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 AM
SAS Member

this January i had to learn a mild form of meditation for EXACTLY what is stated in the OP.
i was on the verge of some kind of breakdown, thinking nearly constantly of the horrors i endured over this past winter. which only got worse. but learning to focus on my immediate environment to break the lame thought patterns has kept me sane and even sometimes happy in spite of the aspects of my existence that i find... lousy at best. in spite of the fact that I'm reminded of those aspects at least a couple times a week.
i suggest breath awareness mediation to anyone having as severe a problem with the past as i.
the point is to focus on your breathing, how it feels, how it sounds, until that is the thing you're thinking of is breathing instead of whatever was giving you trouble.
i also had to breathe deeper than normal. I've used at least 4x the oxygen this year compared to my normal intake.
it's simple to do, the real trick is to notice you're in a negative thought pattern so you have the chance to escape. at least 2 months practicing that now, and it still won't run on autopilot but it has gotten easier to notice when i need it, and letting go of annoyances is working a little easier.
post #78 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
SAS Member

This is one of my biggest issues with SA- I'm extremely sensitive and I constantly dwell on the bad things that happened to me in the past. It's always the embarrassing things I did or whenever I acted foolishly around others, was ridiculed, made fun of. Sometimes it gets to the point where my thinking about it so much causes an anxiety attack to begin.

I guess I just need to learn to mentally "shut up" about all of those things. It's in the past...nothing can be done about it. Nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes.
post #79 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Im really glad people seem to come to a realization or have an epiphany while reading this Glad I can be of some help guys and gals!

bye
post #80 of 860 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoFREDoO View Post
this January i had to learn a mild form of meditation for EXACTLY what is stated in the OP.
i was on the verge of some kind of breakdown, thinking nearly constantly of the horrors i endured over this past winter. which only got worse. but learning to focus on my immediate environment to break the lame thought patterns has kept me sane and even sometimes happy in spite of the aspects of my existence that i find... lousy at best. in spite of the fact that I'm reminded of those aspects at least a couple times a week.
i suggest breath awareness mediation to anyone having as severe a problem with the past as i.
the point is to focus on your breathing, how it feels, how it sounds, until that is the thing you're thinking of is breathing instead of whatever was giving you trouble.
i also had to breathe deeper than normal. I've used at least 4x the oxygen this year compared to my normal intake.
it's simple to do, the real trick is to notice you're in a negative thought pattern so you have the chance to escape. at least 2 months practicing that now, and it still won't run on autopilot but it has gotten easier to notice when i need it, and letting go of annoyances is working a little easier.
*Writes down the breathing exercise*

Thanks for that, I will definitely try that out.

bye

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page