Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Coping With Social Anxiety (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/)
-   -   Let it go. Let it go. Let it go. (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/let-it-go-let-it-go-let-it-go-165508/)

Just Tony 02-11-2012 03:06 PM

Let it go. Let it go. Let it go.

Say it with me. Let it go, let it go, and guess what? Let it go.

One of our biggest problems is that we always dwell in the past. Just let it go, its already done. Thinking about it isnt going to change anything. The only thing thinking will do is WASTE your time, and bring back all those horrible FEELINGS you "think" you had when that moment was actually happening.

Waste our time you say? Yeah. You know how people always ask you if you are okay? If you are feeling sad? Etc, etc. Well thats because we are always lost in thought. Always thinking about the past, and always thinking about the future. We aren't actually PRESENT in the moment. Our bodies are there but our mind is off in a distant world. No presence. Something we all can work on.

So when you think of something and go "crap I wish.. this and that couldve gone better.." Well what can I say? What can you say? It already happened. Worry about the now, and the past wont be such a problem.

This person said something interesting. I highly recommend you all read it. d3lusionkt
Something i've been wanting to add to the OP.here
My opinion on how to improve ourselves.here

Swagger91 02-11-2012 03:18 PM

This is so true. I'm constantly thinking about all opportunities I've missed over the past few years. Regret is one of the worst feelings ever, and yet it's SO pointless. I'm wasting all my time thinking about all the time I've already wasted. It's ridiculous!

LucidVision 02-11-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Tony (Post 1059654116)
Say it with me. Let it go, let it go, and guess what? Let it go.

One of our biggest problems is that we always dwell in the past. Just let it go, its already done. Thinking about it isnt going to change anything. The only thing thinking will do is WASTE your time, and bring back all those horrible FEELINGS you "think" you had when that moment was actually happening.

Waste our time you say? Yeah. You know how people always ask you if you are okay? If you are feeling sad? Etc, etc. Well thats because we are always lost in thought. Always thinking about the past, and always thinking about the future. We aren't actually PRESENT in the moment. Our bodies are there but our mind is off in a distant world. No presence. Something we all can work on.

So when you think of something and go "crap I wish.. this and that couldve gone better.." Well what can I say? What can you say? It already happened. Worry about the now, and the past wont be such a problem.

Nice post +1.

I'm still working on this. (I'm pretty sure I have some OCD)

Lasair 02-11-2012 03:26 PM

Good post sticky!

Kennnie 02-11-2012 03:27 PM

Im currently still working on this getting a lot better though.

InfiniteBlaze 02-11-2012 03:28 PM

Probably my biggest issue at the moment.

Just Tony 02-11-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janniffy (Post 1059654153)
Good post sticky!

Thanks! I appreciate it miss.

feverfew 02-11-2012 10:11 PM

One of the best posts I've ever read!

nathanw 02-11-2012 11:17 PM

i agree and i know youre right ive tried it so many times, to think positive and everything, and then whats happened is im somewhere where guys will start talking about say, their high school days, and it just brings back all my painful memories-like a dagger in my heart, and then it all comes crashing down!! HELP!!!

Neptunus 02-11-2012 11:26 PM

A+++ post! :)

momentsunset 02-11-2012 11:31 PM

thanks for this post. i really needed it right now.

im Lost 02-12-2012 05:19 AM

nice post :)

enzo 02-12-2012 06:46 AM

I see why this is a sticky.

All i do is think. it will be difficult to do otherwise.

MsDaisy 02-12-2012 07:03 AM

Like I always say....L*I*F*E*G*O*E*S*O*N http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy119.gif

crispycritter 02-12-2012 07:21 AM

thank you

JenN2791 02-12-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enzo (Post 1059655883)
I see why this is a sticky.

All i do is think. it will be difficult to do otherwise.

Yah I've probably spent a good (terribly large) portion of my life just thinking all the time.. worrying to death...regretting to death.... thinking to death.

Everytime something goes bad that somehow reminds me of the abuse I went through back then (and 2-3 yrs ago; sexual abuse), I automatically think Wow..ok..guess I'll be screwed again.. guess everyone is like my parents and my ex. Guess everyone is ****ed up and will **** me over.

That sort of thinking eats me up. I compare so many things to the past that it prevents me from seeing more logical conclusions and quit being so delusional at times as well. It kills me all the time...

So to the OP, this was a great post...thanks.

cjamja 02-12-2012 10:59 AM

Love this post! It's actually made my day :) Thank youu :)

bandofoutsider 02-12-2012 12:53 PM

Thanks for this. It's like a mantra to regaining control over your life.

Cub 02-12-2012 02:37 PM

Sounds good to me.

This is a problem most people with SA have. Past doesn't matter; future doesn't matter; present is what is important.

identitycrisis 02-12-2012 02:40 PM

I'm as guilty of this as anyone. Sometimes though, no matter how hard I try, my mind just will not let it go.