Intelligence - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
loser

Language: some French, some German, English and my mother tongue which is also top secret

Intelligence

As you might or might not know I am someone who feels incredibly dumb. As I'm reading this forum for some time I sometimes grow even more insecure because of the nature of some threads. From the looks of it SAS is full of pretty intelligent posters with opinions about everything. I read many threads thinking what the hell are you guys talking about. Like in for example the entitlement thread. I frustrates me a lot to read discussions that I quite simply don't understand or have no opinion off, it happens a lot in real life and now I start getting insecure here too.
No matter how much I read newspapers or try to be aware of what's going on in the world, I often just can't formulate an opinion on it. For example sometimes I form an opinion and then I hear 2 or 3 different opinions and I get all confused, my opinion suddenly feels shallow and not worthy to discuss.

Does someone understand what I'm getting at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:17 PM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Aggressive
I feel the same way when I see all the intelligent posters on here. I know I'm not intelligent and I stay out of the political debates because I don't know what the hell I'm talking about lol

Count me out
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Cooked.

My Mood: Breezy
I think it's a sign of a quality mind not to be so sure of itself. A lot of the dogmatic people are full of **** anyway.

Just make sure you are changing your views with reason and not just surrendering to someone else's preaching because you're intimidated.

But, yeah, as far as contemporary stuff goes, I tend to stay out of it. There's way too much information out there and unless you're willing to narrow your focus and specialize in a certain area, it's hard to have anything but a shallow understanding. Anyone who gives off omniscient vibes is just posturing.

There's a reason you see professors of history encompassing a specific period, or experts in foreign affairs with certain cultures/regions. It takes an enormous amount of dedication to form a 'educated' opinion about something. And even then, I'm sure you can find contradictory points of view from someone else in the same field.

Never could learn to drink that blood
And call it wine,
Never could learn to hold you, love,
And call you mine.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
loser

Language: some French, some German, English and my mother tongue which is also top secret
I am intimidated by your intelligence Karsten. When I made this thread, you were one of the posters on my mind!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Harvester of Sorrow

Language: English, Broken Cantonese, Spanish Curse words, few words of Mandarin
My Mood: Lonely
I think all of us can relate on some level. There's always someone just a bit smarter. Or has a point of view you hadn't thought of that might make more sense. But that's life isn't it? Hopefully the smarter ones can be kind, empathetic and use moments of others ignorance as teaching moments. Of course not everyone has that personality. If they're not into patiently talking to you because you lack knowledge so be it. I think many of us learn that through life. ONe usually develops their own sense of knowing and it shapes your values and convictions.
But yeah I've met people that are super knowledgeable and smart and I feel like a total fraud even speaking to them. In those cases I just have to claim ignorance hopefully they're not going to be a douche about it.

"There's a fine line between the peacefulness of solitude and the loneliness of isolation."
- Dr. Hill, Until Dawn
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:12 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
I just post in the sections/topic that suit me. I can relate though that if there are posts about politics I know some things about Trump but I don't know all of the other politicians or even his points of view. I don't even see it on the news! Or I'm probably just not 'on' at the time they're speaking, sometimes I am though like once. Don't worry
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stacks View Post
I feel the same way when I see all the intelligent posters on here. I know I'm not intelligent and I stay out of the political debates because I don't know what the hell I'm talking about lol
They don't either in some cases as are going off what they read, what is said in the media.

What most see in the media or read about is only the tip of the iceberg as far as political issues goes. There is political issues in each country that most citizens would never hear about which influences decisions of politicians of countries.

Basically you have to be working as a politician to understand all the issues of a country.

Zera.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:05 PM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
Quote:
They don't either in some cases as are going of what they read, what is said in the media.

What most see in the media or read about is only the tip of the iceberg as far as political issues goes. There is political issues in each country that most citizens would never hear about which influences decisions of politicians of countries.

Basically you have to be working as a politician to understand all the issues of a country.
Yeah I suppose that's true

Count me out
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah I suppose that's true
Look at what that man in the UK who got arrested for disclosing about other countries political issues that are not allowed to be disclosed to see what I'm talking about.

Zera.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:32 PM

Location: In United States database of New York City, Queens simulation version 2019
I started feeling out of place with trying to create an idea of my own when I was a teenager, so what I do is copy phrases and paragraphs from different subject of articles in my own blog to interpret the meanings to get an idea of my own everyday on a laptop. Then I started learning from people who post online everyday on this forum, where they uses phrases to talk about the topic of an idea. The topic the people would post about would speak about the terms that they come across, and experiences that they previously had.

If it wasn't for this forum and a previous forum, my own mind wouldn't be persistent in creating ideas to string out my own way of creating words.

👁Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers👁 managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7 and replenishes species sleep.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers
Quote:
"In 👁God👁 We Trust to manage humans, bugs, fish, animals, plants and weather, but we have no religion to follow nor celebrate holidays as we know the digital management program."^
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:32 PM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
My Mood: Inspired
^Basically what Karsten said lol

Discussions about politics/controversy and contemporary topics are pretty hard to keep up with.. and you shouldn't feel dumb because of that!

Remember we're all 'here' because we have some sort of issues with life/daily living regardless of how smart/successful some may seem. Of course it is natural to feel intimidated sometimes, I mean I rarely post towards argument or thoughtful discussion... mostly venting about my feelings.

Embrace the differences between people here, we're all misfits out there remember which is why we came here in the first place.

Here it is okay to be different and varied.

“I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy.”
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:45 PM
lagrimas negras

Plenty of intelligent posters here but there's also lots of posters who seem to have an answer for everything. Know it alls who like to talk big and post links about what they've read on the internet but have absolutely no experience out in the real world. If I were you I wouldn't let those people make me feel dumb, they just like to talk a lot.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:59 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
I guess it's hard for me to feel dumb irl because somehow most of the time, I feel surrounded by retards. I guess online it's a little different.

That's where the pain comes in
Like a second skeleton
Trying to fit beneath the skin
I can't fit the feelings in

-Fiona Apple
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 12:22 AM
SAS Member

I was raised by an intellectually disabled mother and for the longest time she was the sole person I would interact with, I feel like that impacted my cognitive development and as a result I am not as intelligent as I’d like to be. (Along with my own limitations which I have no control over). But I have accepted where I’m at. I use to read book after book that I could hardly comprehend in hopes of “smarting up” but I realize I was just torturing myself and not really interested in those subjects. It’s always good to challenge yourself but no need to feel disempowered by seemingly more “intellectual” people. Our intelligences are all different, what is important is going in the direction that sparks something for you. Some people are passionate about politics, some screenwriting and others pets and animals, all people are valid in their interests and contribute by simply being pursuing and expressing their unique passions. I use to be wrapped up in self hatred which is why I focused so much on “improving” my intelligence, but now I pursue my true interests ... spirituality, holistic healing and I also allow myself to enjoy “silly entertainment” ... now that I’m no longer trying to train myself to be a professor.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:21 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Being dumb is not the worst thing for me, but what's really annoying is that anyone else thinking that I'm smart...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Don
Fupa King

I'm genuinely uncertain about most things, and my mind is always in a foggy state. It takes me much longer for me to form an opinion on things than most people. Thinking and communicating clearly aren't my strong suits. I don't consider myself intelligent. I don't even really want people to think I'm intelligent, because then I feel like I have to live up to that expectation while the reality is I feel uncertain and inept when it comes to most things. I don't particularly like people to consider me dumb either. That being said, I'm still interested in a lot of topics that I feel are beyond me.

Life's Wack

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page