In a way Im glad to have SA - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Busy

In a way Im glad to have SA

In a way Im glad to have SA, because, that gives me the backup that I arent a totally strange person, and that I would actually be normal If SA wasnt in control of me.
Also, I dont have to feel guilty if something embaressing happens to me, because i know i couldnt have done better.
But that doesnt mean that I just sit back, no, i fight against it every day, I set myself goals, f.e. talking to more people, or making friends.
I"m working hard and challeging myself everyday...

Some people say that Im lazy, but that isnt true, Its just because I have such a fight against my SA that I arent able to concentrate so much on that what Im doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 PM
SAS Member

In a way im glad i have SA too, i don't let people in my life that easily so at least i can always be safer and not let anyone hurt me (like friends, boyfriends)

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

A part from that you are much stronger and mighty when you have more secrets, instead of telling everybody about your problems etc.
Because: When you keep something a secret, youve still sort of got a joker you can use by telling someone
But when you have already told sb. you cant wipe it out of his mind anymore.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
SAS Member

S.A doesn't have many redeeming features, I'd take a life without s.a much sooner, jeez. When I make a fool of myself it's like I've shattered everything in my life. Today I was thinking how great it would be to go swimming, just something really simple like that makes me feel excited right in my tummy, that smell of chlorine and the changing rooms and all the fun. There's no pressure there.

I don't see anything good about S.A, sometimes I do play it up though. Like when someone stands next to me at the bus stop and I glance sideways at the from beneath my hood, I feel like everyones watching me thinking 'Oh, she's really shy' so I do indulge it but give me normality anyday.

The biggest mistake you can make in life is to be continually afraid of making one-Elbert Hubbard
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
SAS Member

No thanks! I'd rather not have SA. It has totally wrecked my life.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
The Round Circle

I can't really remember anything but SA, only vague sketches... But I'm doing fine, I don't really mind, but I still want to get better because I'm sure I'll be better off for it. Still, that's just my opinion, I'm sure everyone here has their own opinion.

Well, I'm fine with it right now. A few years ago I'd be cursing it every second. But I'd blame that on circumstances.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:21 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defoe View Post
Some people say that Im lazy, but that isnt true, Its just because I have such a fight against my SA that I arent able to concentrate so much on that what Im doing.
Ooh, I've heard this too! I can't stand being called lazy because I don't feel I am and can be very hardworking and able to put my mind to the task. If I could explain to people that I want to do so much, but my anxiety plagues me to the point of being stuck and unable to move... My mum also says that if it's not laziness and there is a problem, why am I not doing anything about it? See a doctor? I have seen a doctor in the past, even counselling sessions, and antidepressants, but doing it consistently and on a regular basis was too much. Where do I turn now? Just dealing with each day at a time and hoping that I can take risks and learn to cope better. I feel like I'm in a much better position than in the past so that's something.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Searching for the light

Here Here, I agree with everything you said. We are among those who actually know that what we suffer from has a name. There are many people still out there that have never heard of SA and don’t know they suffer from it. They don’t realise there is help out there and have a chance to overcome the difficulties they face. I myself was among those people only a few months ago and finding out about it has given me the hope I was looking for

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.".

http://thezoe-trope.blogspot.com/
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
In My World

Yes and no tbh, I do wish I could have "normal" friendships and I think I would be far less lonely then however I do wonder if without SA I wouldn't even feel lonely even if I had the same amount of friends as I do at the moment?

Everything happens for a reason
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:53 AM
SAS Member

My experience was that the less I was worried about SA (i.e. the less I actively tried to change), the more I actually changed... Your situation can get better with time... Live a fuller life as much as you can... The small talks that you will be doing as you go thought your life will have a gradual good effect...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

i think some people dont understand what i mean

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page