Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

If you didn't have SA..

1K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  Lex Love 
#1 ·
If you woke up tomorrow with no social anxiety, what would you do with yourself?

#7 ·
LOL at freshjive haha....i luv how outspoken you are.

Um, well since SA causes me to be much more reclusive than I would like to be I would obviously leave this house and find some friends. And I would probably never want to be alone either....I've had SA for 4 years and that's a lot of lost time i'll never get back. :(

Oh and go dancing of course. Love dancing but can't seem to gather up the courage to do it in front of people. :afr

#13 ·
I can't really imagine hanging out with people. To be honest I don't want to, I prefer being alone, so i'd probally just do nothing. But atleast I wouldn't have to worry about social situations anymore, and i'd feel comfortable just being myself.

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
haha lol :)

Personally I would just do stuff with my life. I would go out and 'party' twice a week, I would go to the gym regularly, I would make more friends and get them to go to gigs with me, I'd go to the cinema all the time. I'd go to the pub and hang out with people and chat and drink. I'd have a full on social life like lots of people have. I would also get a real job.

And importantly I would find myself a girlfriend amongst all this too, and hang out with her most of the time.

At the moment I can't do any of this.

#20 ·
Pretty much the same things I do now, at least until I figured out what the hell to do and who the hell to do it with lol.

#21 ·
I think I'd stop worrying about what people thought of me and write the book I've been wanting to finish, but won't let anyone read. I'd like to meet and talk to more people. I also think my relationship with my girlfriend would get better, since it's so hard to relax around her or anyone else for that matter.

#22 ·
Id be free to enjoy life without a ball and chain of anxiety dragging me down and hindering my happiness and potential. Id call up my old best homie from the past and rebuild our friendship. Id do anything and everything id like to do.

#24 ·
Find a career, move out of my parents home and out of the same state as them, find a mate, finish college and be happy.

But I am so conditioned by my anxiety, because I have had it since I was a small child (constant moving, no emotion for my family, no real lasting friendships), that I feel that the above list won't happen anxiety-free. I am sure I will do all of those things listed above, but I doubt I will ever be cured of my anxiety and hatred of social situations. I don't even WANT to go and be extroverted. I like who I am. I like being non-talkative, aloof, and introverted. That is who I am, and someday someone amazing is going to accept me for who I am and I won't have to lie and pretend anymore to be the societal standard. My anxiety is a part of me and I accept that.

#25 ·
Man, I don't even know where to start. If I woke up tomorrow and it was 100% gone, I would probably feel like a completely different person and just want to do all the things that my SA tends to hinder me from doing. I'd probably go into overload I'd want to do so much.

#27 ·
Get in touch with everyone I have partially avoided because of it, Id be much more outgoing and speak to any and everyone to increase that feeling. I would do all the things ive wnated to do but have kept putting it on hold because of the way I felt. Id go see all the family I have also partially avoided seing because of it. Id do dance lessons and go to a nightclub where I know all of the people who ever doubted or disliked me because of it would be and dance so good and so passionately that they would change there opinion of me to something better. Id take everyone I care about and lost contact with out to a dinner meal and appologise for how distant I have been to them. Id make music and perform on stage and at nightclubs. I get into acting and modelling heavily, and live life the way ive always wanted to live it.

I would organise a school reunion and attend it, id organise a party and invite as many people as possible that ive ever met and that ive liked.

Then give thanks for being 100% cured of it.

There would be so much id do, because there is so much ive put on hold because of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.