I've just had a panic attack - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Unhappy

I've just had a panic attack

Hi guys...
I was sitting on the sofa with the laptop on my lap and my mom was sitting next to me but she was sleeping.

I was playing empires&allies and then I start feeling my hearth beat rising so fast then a got scared and felt it getting faster and I felt my throat shutting and I couldn't breath. I felt my hands numb and my head too... I got sweaty and cold I was shaking so much and felt dizzy and I couldn't breath. I shouted at my mum and she brought me some water... I am so scared...

I thought I was gonna die. I'm scared I have another one.
Has anyone felt like this for no reason?
I can't find anything that would have triggered it... I was fine and then boom...

I'm scared I'll have another... what if?

"I can only think about a good life or a wonderful suicide note."
"There's two things we can't escape from and only one of both you can do it yourself. Those are Life and Death."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:50 AM
SAS Member

Hello,

Panic attacks can be quite frightening, you can really get freaked out. From my experience panic attacks have triggers. Maybe you were thinking about something before it happened? Try to think back...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Still searching..

The best advice I have for a panic attack is first of all breathe. taking slow deep breaths will help you calm down faster.

My other advice is just hang on. Theres not much you can do to just snap out of it (at least for me there wasn't). Just try to relax yourself, remind yourself that it is irrational and theres nothing to freak out about. and most importantly remember that it will be over soon.

It WILL pass ... and you are NOT dying. it can be very uncomfortable but just try to ride it out.

hope that helps a little. if its really bad you could consider meds maybe?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous soul View Post
The best advice I have for a panic attack is first of all breathe. taking slow deep breaths will help you calm down faster.

My other advice is just hang on. Theres not much you can do to just snap out of it (at least for me there wasn't). Just try to relax yourself, remind yourself that it is irrational and theres nothing to freak out about. and most importantly remember that it will be over soon.

It WILL pass ... and you are NOT dying. it can be very uncomfortable but just try to ride it out.

hope that helps a little. if its really bad you could consider meds maybe?
Yes I'll be on them by tomorrow.. Wonder if it will work..

"I can only think about a good life or a wonderful suicide note."
"There's two things we can't escape from and only one of both you can do it yourself. Those are Life and Death."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page