I need a job experience but I'm scared. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I need a job experience but I'm scared.

Hey guys, I need some advice and encouragement. I recently move somewhere alone and to be honest this already scares me a lot though I have a family member live nearby— I can't go out to buy food alone myself even though I'm starving, I often feel scared to buy gas, and to talk to people, basically all the survival things a human should do.

I live alone and I know I can't count on my parents' money so I need to get a job, but I'm really scared by only thinking of it (I feel like want to cry right now). I've been searching for jobs on the internet but I feel like I couldn't do it. If only I could put it into words how scared and anxious I am I would, cause I always find it hard to describe my feelings- this is my first post here if I'm not wrong¿ I've been reading supportive comments and then I thought this seems like a perfect place to talk about it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:39 AM
SAS Member

Im experiencing the same problems.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 04:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Employment agencies can be a good starting point.

I prefer them because they often fix you up with work without having to endure the usual interview process.

You get sent to a job, might have an induction to show you the ropes, then off you go.

The actual work might be a bit c**p, but once you make that first step and get out in the work environment, it's easier to think about looking for something better.

Try not to get too down, something will turn up 🙂

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 10:46 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Welcome. So have you ever worked before? Any experience at all?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 08:55 AM
SAS Member

Depending on where you live maybe you can look into the inventory service company, RGIS. I currently work for them and all you literally do is go to different stores and scan their items. You're not gonna be making a lot of money but at least it'll give you something and hopefully help you with your anxiety a bit. Good luck to you. 🙂
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 11:05 AM
SAS Member

Been There

I've been in your shoes. In fact, in a few months or so—if not sooner—I get the feeling I'll be in the same position again.

I was very scared about getting my first job for similar reasons. Starting anything new is always pretty daunting and nerve-wracking.

I actually felt the need to work prior to the age of 23 but I was/am a coward and didn't get into anything. I had no leg-up, no reference, no skills—nada.

I think the point where I actually started to get serious about job-hunting was after graduating from university. At that point, I had to do something about it for more than one reason.

I had to bite many bullets but I eventually got interviewed, went to job fairs, and went through many (many) rough experiences.

I'm not going to dismiss the likelihood that I got pitied on for my current job. I didn't perform exceptionally well in my interview and I don't think I will later on.

All I can say is, give it a shot. Send out stuff for anything, even if it only has some familiarity to what you want or can do. Research the rest and prep for an interview enough.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human

Last edited by That Random Guy; 10-20-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: typo
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:26 PM
Absolute Thinker

The environment is dangerously hard on me from receiving employment, and concentrating on school materials. When I was volunteering in Rego Park senior center, the employees avoided showing me the task that I should do, one of the employees judged my action without carefully thinking it through correctly, where she said "if I ever had a job before" to point out that I'm inexperience to make me show fear in the environment of being out of place.

One of the action that an employee address to me in the Rego Park senior center kitchen, is how I stack the last black crate in the storage room, where it prompt the employee to question my experience with being employed. The employee intention of addressing my action is not human, a professional human being employed in a job would properly informed the volunteer to be careful when stacking the crates, because it can fall or hurt someone, and damage the products rather than questioning the volunteer ever work with people before. A volunteer means an inexperience person trying to acquire skills from volunteering at a particular working environment, where the person is ready to seek out a job related to the field.

Another volunteering task that I took on was a Jewish Community center, where one of the volunteers name Bridgette question me about being employed, the volunteer wanting to lure out more of my personal background of employment to questionly doubt if it ever paid me enough for the reason of being at a Jewish community center for over 3 months. Then another volunteer name flow personally question my employment history, then after telling her my employment background history, few weeks later the volunteer lost respect for me. Flow was occupied with fixing up the front desk, so she took advantage of herself being busy to tell me if I know where the fifth floor is at, so I can bring the mail to the fifth floor. The meaning of flow communication is unusual, she knows that I'm aware of the fifth floor, but she never told me the name of the person who to give the mail to on the fifth floor. This is the reason that I can say the supercomputers using flow to insult me for not being productive enough in the work environment, just as how it made my teachers think I have difficulty grasping concepts incorrectly.

A follow person that my mother knows, who also volunteers in the Jewish community center said "finally, your son did work for once" to my mother, so the emotional phrase can insult my productivity to send a isolated message to convince my mind that I'm not up for being employed around others.

More than one scenario where the people speak after one another mind, as if they're offended of my presence in the environment.

The original poster is reacting to the environment behavior subconsciously, knowing deep within their inner thoughts that the environment isn't naturally in its right settings. The mass environment is polluted with unstable sanity, and they're unaware of their intended actions in social scenarios. As if someone not from the environment is supporting help to the mass environment, without the social agent being conscious of their intent to work socially with others.

I'll edit my post later, I'm using a smartphone that autocorrects me.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:34 PM
Absolute Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
I've been in your shoes. In fact, in a few months or so—if not sooner—I get the feeling I'll be in the same position again.

I was very scared about getting my first job for similar reasons. Starting anything new is always pretty daunting and nerve-wracking.

I actually felt the need to work prior to the age of 23 but I was/am a coward and didn't get into anything. I had no leg-up, no reference, no skills—nada.

I think the point where I actually started to get serious about job-hunting was after graduating from university. At that point, I had to do something about it for more than one reason.

I had to bite many bullets but I eventually got interviewed, went to job fairs, and went through many (many) rough experiences.

I'm not going to dismiss the likelihood that I got pitied on for my current job. I didn't perform exceptionally well in my interview and I don't think I will later on.

All I can say is, give it a shot. Send out stuff for anything, even if it only has some familiarity to what you want or can do. Research the rest and prep for an interview enough.

How the heck you graduate from college? I can't even keep up with College due to distractions from my environment. The time and events of my situation allows the people to be inhumanly disturbing towards my mind concentrating on my assignments and math tests.

Even my sleep is a factor of inhuman distractions.

So, is it difficult to find a job after graduating uni?

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 09:49 PM
SAS Member

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessThug View Post
How the heck you graduate from college? I can't even keep up with College due to distractions from my environment. The time and events of my situation allows the people to be inhumanly disturbing towards my mind concentrating on my assignments and math tests.

Even my sleep is a factor of inhuman distractions.

So, is it difficult to find a job after graduating uni?
I had/have just about no life.... or perhaps the more accurate phrase is social life. I literally did nothing but study while I was in university (OK not literally, but you get it).

That and my parents are the stereotypical Asian parents. Add in some guilt and peer pressure—and wala. Oddly enough, my social anxiety worked in a weird way where I felt like I'd get judged if I didn't do presentations like everybody else.... yet, when I did do them, I was always nervous and my anxiety was still present (i.e. I stuttered and barely made eye-contact). I was damned either way (in my head).

For me, it was very difficult to find a job. Granted, I did not try every option available to me... but I did get out of my comfort zone a little by attending job fairs and finally getting interviewed.

It was rough... but I kind of just had to wing everything. I didn't really have anyone to base my expectations or performance on role-model-wise.

I'm willing to admit everything I've acquired to this point has been through sheer luck. Also, it's likely no coincidence that the interviewers for companies I got into were fellow alumni.

P.S. - I was always the last student to finish math exams. I don't know if I'm dyslexic or something but it takes me forever to process things.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 10:59 PM
Don
Fupa King

I only recently got my first job. Just keep looking and applying. I didn't and really still don't feel like I'm fit for any job, but I'm doing okay where I'm working now despite my SA. I was in a pretty dark place before, but working has helped me regain my sanity so to speak. My job is fairly solitary, but there's still a lot of people around where I work.

Basically I graduated college without any previous work experience at all and was suicidal for four months after because it felt like all of my worst fears and things I hate most about myself were being confirmed because no one would hire me. Eventually I lucked out, and one of my family's work friends had a position open up that I could fill. Not sure how long I would of been stuck had that not have happened. Having SA and bad social skills on top of not having work experience makes everything feel inaccessible, but eventually there will be something that works out. Apply to as much as you can, and try to be willing to apply to things you don't think your capable of (for me, that's pretty much everything). If you have any connections at all that might could get you a job (family or friends) use those.

I know it's hard and not a good feeling to feel dependent on your parents or to feel like your being judged by others for not having a job. I always hated when people would ask me where I work or what I do.

Life's Wack
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 10:06 AM

U Can Do It Karen
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 10:35 PM
SAS Member

So how you been? Any luck on the job front? I hope so

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page