I'm having a panic attack - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy

I'm having a panic attack

I'm all alone and I can't stop freaking out, help me please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 02:20 AM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
are you feeling any better?

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yea a little bit, thanks.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I hate the feeling of having lost complete control of my body but worst of all is the feeling of dying. I hope that when I do eventually die, it's not as nerve recking as this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 12:58 PM
Dragon Slayer

Panic attacks.. no problem.. and I truly mean this.. it sound crazy but please trust me.. coming from someone who suffered 10-20 panic attacks every day for 20 years and cured then in an instant and couldn't have one again if I tried.. I promise you..

Trust me please.. panic attacks are uncomfortable and horrible, but they can't hurt you. No one ever came to harm from a panic attack.. ever! The only thng you are afraid of is the panic attack.. so stop being afraid!!! If you aren't scared of it then it can't exist!!

Ready.. be brave.. you got this I promise you..

Lean into it and ask to bring your worst ever panic attack.. demand to bring its worst and really mean it.. get angry.. demand it.. face it head on.. you've had enough if it.. Run towards it voluntarily and the fears vanishes.. they can't hurt you.. demand it, let it wash over you, shake it off then carry on regardless. It's that simple.. every time run at it.. welcome it with rage and confidence.. don't back down for a single second.. sit it out.. it'll pass I promise.. like it always has and always will so what way to spend your time? Running in frear from it or running towards it fighting?.. so use this time to ****ing go at it!.. fight back.. demand more! Trust me on this. As soon as you meet it head on it shrinks and backs off.. like any fear.. meet it head on voluntarily and the whole system responds differently. The day you decide to run towards it without fear you'll cure panic forever. Every time it raises its head say bring it on mother****er! and don't try to distract or avoid. Sit with it and let it give you the best it has.. which fades pretty quickly.

You got this!

you're stronger than you think.. and remember.. if you aren't scared of it then it can't exist!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 01:00 PM
Dragon Slayer

Remember never back down.. if you do then go at it again next time or the next.. keep facing it.. I promise you're braver than you realise!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 08:17 PM
SAS Member

@[email protected]

I don't believe you had actual panic attacks for twenty years and suddenly cured them simply by 'facing' them. Maybe you're mistaking it for apprehension or something, I don't know. You can face panic attacks, severe anxiety, daily for 1 year, 5 years, ten, fifteen, twenty years! and they can be still just as bad. Let me tell you, it's a very disheartening, depressing, and even debilitating way to live. Knowing one has courage and persistence in facing it day in and day out, does nothing to stop it.

Who are you? Why did you create a whole new account just to reply in this way? Do you have another regular account on here but you're hiding behind this one to reply? So much for being brave, huh?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 10:34 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
do you differentiate between panic attacks and anxiety attacks? https://www.healthline.com/health/pa...anxiety-attack

i seldom have panic attacks. the last one was a long time ago when i walked into the house i was living and there was a flatmates birthday party which i didn't expect. i had to go to the bathroom and try not to hyperventilate etc. and endure subsequent interactions.

anxiety attacks, i have that now and then. sometimes just encroaching dread while in my room, avoiding flatmates. anticipatory anxiety. performative anxiety. that kind of deal.

i also have some kind of episodes of regression or selective mutism which don't involve anxiety at all really. some kid started talking to me at a games night recently and i shut down and can't speak... so weird.

anyway, they're fairly terrifying by definition. so sorry you went through/are going through that.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 03:41 AM
Dragon Slayer

Hi John,

I'm sorry that you don't believe me.. I'm talking panic attacks that came on in seconds and paralsysed me fully. Felt like I was going to die every time or lose control and pass out or die of a heart attack or **** myself in public. Believe me I know the difference betwen a panic attack and apprehension anxiety. I was in constant fear of panic attacks. Coulndn't sit in a room or cinema unless I was sat next to a door, in case I had to run out when one came on.. wouldn't take buses or trains in case I had a panic attack and couldn't get off. They were awful. So mamny years situational, then started to come on when sat at home for the tiniest reaosns. Thinking about a meeting ahead or taking a trip. Then the "apprenhension anxiety" was around the fear of having a panic attack in the future. I'd worry for weeks ahead of a 10 minute meeting or small presentation I had to do in case I took a panic attack during it and the anxiety grew. It al strted with apnic attcks and grew. When I healed the panic attacks the apprehension anxiety began to lift too.

I agree that it's a very disheartening, depressing, and even debilitating way to live adn for sure you have courage and persistence in facing it day in and day out. But try it.. what do you have to lose? Either try to find excuses or simply give it a go? You have nothing to lose. I'm only trying to give advice about what really works here.

I don't have another account. I came on here just trying to help others who are suffering get out like I did becasue I see it so often, especially in these times.. It was insane to know the suffering I went through for decades could have been healed in moments. I still can't fully believe it. I have nothing to hide.. Instead of attacking or being defensive, have you acutally just tried it? It's a choice.. hang on to it without trying and attack instead or give it a try? If it doesn't work then what have you lost??
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 04:06 AM
SAS Member

@[email protected]

Okay, I appreciate your reply and I'm happy that you somehow became cured in moments. That's an effin miracle man, ha!!

I have terrible social anxiety and it doesn't take much to trigger a panic attack so I'm constantly monitoring my actions and thought patterns everywhere I go, so as to let go of mind activity which works against me. It's haphazard and tiring.

All I can say is, I've been facing myself and the world daily, working on my SA for 22 years(!) knowing full well things may not go well for me mentally/emotionally which it hasn't. And at the end of the day it's given me nothing but depression and despair - but I carry on in the hope I'll get well. So when I read someone like yourself saying you were cured the moment you began to face the problem - well, I'm very skeptical. But obviously it's worked for you, so I'm happy about that.

And I understand where you're coming from, that you just want to help, so that's good.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 05:30 AM
Dragon Slayer

John,

Rest assured that was only the panic attacks! And i did it by accident..sat on a plane with no where to run when the seatbelt light came on adn I was thoroughly pissed off that I just sadi to myself enough.. come on then! Lets fight!! and refused to back down to it.. and bam! it clamed down.. and same again and again until it just wasnt there any more. By no means did socialy anxiety heal in a moment.. thats not what i'm saying at all.. forgive me if didn't explain properly. Panic attacks in a moment literally then the rest built from there.

There's so much out there to help with social anxiety.. and it can be cured.. you just need to find somehting else to get obessed with rather than anxiety! Think of whren you are well.. when your anxiety vanishes.. when you are so fully engaged in something that it simply isnt room for it any more.. and fill your life with these things.. make a list and do it!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 05:49 AM
SAS Member

@[email protected]

🙏🙏🌞👍👍

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page