I left social media expect this site. - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2021, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: english and a little bit of spanish.

I left social media expect this site.

because of social anxiety i literally have no friends.. and didnt have nobody to add or follow on facebook and instagram so i decided this is the site to be on for social anxiety. I hope i can find people who live near me that has social anxiety too on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2021, 07:20 PM
SAS Member

I don't have social media either.

I have to restrain myself on this site though. As I don't have a therapist currently, I get the urge to use this site as my own personal therapist and its not healthy; I just spew my problems out on the keyboard and nothing ever comes of it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2021, 09:08 PM
SAS Member

I no longer use social media either, but probably for other reasons. It's just toxic and unnatural. You don't need to be visible to people who are really just judging you negatively and are ultimately just two-faced snides. They don't care if you live or die so why bother? You also don't need to publish your life in order for it to gain more meaning. Ask yourself why you need to be validated in the first place by all these people..

The main issue is that social media doesn't go with the flow of life. I realise now that if I didn't have Facebook after 2006-7 then there would have literally been no one I would have seen or spoken to from that time period, and you know what, that's totally okay. You don't talk to them any more for good reason, and it's because they never actually mattered in the first place. Remember that.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2021, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: english and a little bit of spanish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post_Punk_Proclivity View Post
I no longer use social media either, but probably for other reasons. It's just toxic and unnatural. You don't need to be visible to people who are really just judging you negatively and are ultimately just two-faced snides. They don't care if you live or die so why bother? You also don't need to publish your life in order for it to gain more meaning. Ask yourself why you need to be validated in the first place by all these people..

The main issue is that social media doesn't go with the flow of life. I realise now that if I didn't have Facebook after 2006-7 then there would have literally been no one I would have seen or spoken to from that time period, and you know what, that's totally okay. You don't talk to them any more for good reason, and it's because they never actually mattered in the first place. Remember that.
thanks a lot for the advice.

This world gon fail me, everything I've ever lusted after it has failed your the only one I need you. what has done for me what you have done what has given to me what you have given what sacrifice the way you have sacrificed. I love you. - Fallin In Love - Sevin

GOD is Love & Good
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2021, 11:22 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Forums aren't really social media.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2021, 02:06 PM
Spectacular Member

I don't use Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, I only have accounts for the first two to enter contests, and as for Facebook I only use it for Facebook groups for support for illnesses that I have, I don't use it as social media or to talk to anyone. The only friends I have are either from SAS or another social anxiety forum from over a decade ago, who I just keep in contact with over Skype or Whatsapp. I think I am content with that. Would be nice to know more ppl who live near me, only one of my friends do. While meeting people on the internet seems to be easier than meeting someone in person as someone with Social Anxiety, chances are the people you meet online live nowhere near you. That's just the way it is, unfortunately.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 10:50 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
I enjoy posting pictures and videos of cool things I see in nature on Instagram. Sometimes I post videos of me playing music or a selfie. I used to turn to social media for validation, but now I'm thinking of it more like a fun diversion. It's nice to share things with the world digitally sometimes, since it's harder to do that in person these days.

Language is a virus from outer space!

--William Burroughs; Laurie Anderson
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2021, 11:45 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context
Social media people crave for attention. The people are bored of not getting enough attention in their household, because they can't find anyone to complement them or emotionally respond to them.

Social Anxiety Support Forum is for people who want to share their experiences, so others can learn from them to become a better person with a healthier mind. The support forum is supposed to cleanse the unhealthy mind from real life bad experiences, and give off the right amount of attention and patience that people couldn't give to you in your environment. That's why I created an account for.

Social media doesn't support cleansing the mind, it's associated with judgmental lonely people who feeds off of one another boredom with their reality. This causes the social media people to boost their sanity, so they can become more aggressive and less concentrated with their real life experiences.

Never had a career, never had an income, never had a girlfriend, regardless of how many times I tried. The people have the same mentality, perception and belief about me since I was a child. The people behavior and communication induces my social anxiety and depression.

The A.I Computers/NSA engineers use a computational intelligence system to design a mentality by translating key information/cryptographic keys into thoughts, logic, and emotions that are fake to manage humanity 24/7.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM
SAS Member

Individual forums like here are the best option.

About the mainstream social media, I get to think .

FakeBook or Instantcrap? pick your poison!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 04:58 PM
SAS Member

I keep Facebook for business, Messenger for family and closed ones. Then, the places I go to connect are independent forums like here. There are a few online forums related to hobbies, so it can be fun to discover more "obscure" (not well known) platforms.

IMO, places like Facebook are places where we are constantly confronted by people seeking attention, ads and rude encounters (on pages and/or groups). It has it's upsides, but to me it's very toxic. Very shallow. Places like here, it makes me relax and feel good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page