I am worried about leaving my home - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I am worried about leaving my home

I live in a townhouse complex. Over the past few years, I have noticed an anxiety that has plagued me. If I am leaving my home, and I see anyone loitering around the complex, I have get this nagging thought in the back of my head that they are waiting for me to leave so they can break into my home. Today it was a couple of teenagers sitting in their car. I was on my way to school. and I actually turned around and drove home to make sure no one had broken into my home. I have actually canceled date night once because one of my neighbors seemed to be walking up to our home and looking in our window when we were in the car leaving. Luckily for me, the wife is understanding. When I am going to sleep, I need to leave a light on in my office so the landing of the stairway is well lit incase someone breaks in. I really don't know what to do. I don't have insurance so I really can't pay for a therapist, but this is getting ridiculous. I don't know if it is because I finally have nice things and that is why I am so worried. Does anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

My Mood: Lonely
Similar, but not as intensely. I've turned around to be certain I've locked up...and when I'm leaving and I see others like the maintenance folks, the thought crosses my mind. I'm living in a resort area which has few full time residents and a lot of transition, so seeing someone moving stuff in and out is common place. Easy to get away with a robbery.

Quote:
“What if this is as good as it gets?” - Melvin Udall

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page