Human destiny is programmed
I think this can be applied to social anxiety. From the book written by doctor Eric Berne "What do you say after you say hello? The psychology of human destiny".
1. It is incredible to think, at first, that man's fate, all his nobility and all his degradation, is decided by a child no more than six years old, and usually three. This is what script theory claims.
2. The script is what the person planned to do in early childhood, and the life course is what actually happens. The life course is determined by genes, parental background, and by external circumstances.
3. If the parents themselves suffered from severe physical or emotional deprivation as infants, that may destroy their children's chances of carrying out a script, or perhaps even of forming one.
4. Thus the comedy or tragedy of each human life is that it is planned by an urchin or pre-school age, who has a very limited knowledge of the world and its ways, and whose heart is filled mainly with stuff put there by his parents.
5. All these qualities: patience, masculinity and femininity, shrewdness (clear understanding and good judgement of a situation), and tidiness are taught by the parents and programmed in during the plastic years between two and six.