how do you go on - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 01:28 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I'm pretty tough : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 02:33 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri112 View Post
Hello everyone,
Anyone else feels like there's no way out of social anxiety? I always thought it's just a teenager thing or something, that I'll grow out of it - being ashamed of my existence I mean.. but no. It's getting worse year by year. Every time I go outside I'm scared of how normal people act it's unreal (that's the reason I barely leave my house anymore - every person I meet is just a reminder of my inferiorness). I would never be able to act like that! I never did, even as a kid, I was born like that. So it's not curable for me - it's just who I am. I'm really tired of fighting this battle, but life has to go on. How do you motivate yourself to keep going if you know that it will never get better? What lies do you tell to yourself? I always used to say good old "it will get better". Never did
Jesus, who made the stars and the sun reached out to me personally even though I only wanted to use him to get better and live a very sinful life
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 02:47 PM
alien monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben7731 View Post
Jesus, who made the stars and the sun reached out to me personally even though I only wanted to use him to get better and live a very sinful life
basically the same except without jesus. maybe.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 08:14 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If 1 person doesn't recover, that somehow means there's no way out?

18-29 year olds are 3 times as likely to have social anxiety disorder as 60+: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/stat...disorder.shtml
Clearly the vast majority recover.
I think people are getting more anxious there's evidence that teenagers now are more anxious and depressed than teenagers when I was that age and so on (I can't find it now but there was a paper comparing people born in the early 90s eg: my age vs people born in the early 2000s.) It might be that some recover too but there's more going on than that.

https://discoverymood.com/blog/today...epressed-ever/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-past-10-years

https://digiday.com/marketing/saddes...neration-ever/

Quote:
It’s a common feeling for Becky, a 20-year-old college student. “I’m anxious all the time,” she says. What about? “Being in school. Feeling pressure to have a social life. Politics. My friend is studying abroad in Spain and I read a story on Twitter about someone who got their kidney stolen in Spain. The coronavirus. Everyone I know has cancer.”
Jesus lol. Had to stop the quote there but continuing on.

Quote:
The young are more anxious than ever. Young people — and for that matter, old people — everyone is anxious. Everyone has too much to do. The U.S. is the most overworked nation in the world.

But the specific strains of depression, anxiety and nihilism are unique to Generation Z, the cohort born between 1996 and 2016, many of whom are now graduating college and entering the workforce for the first time. It even shows up on TikTok, that platform favored by the youth, where a new genre of videos are about making yourself feel better: “I woke up depressed, here’s what I did,” is a popular class of content. It’s used as a way to bond with others on the same medication: “Yo, where my Citalopram girls at?” asked juliakempner08 in one video.

Studies show that depression, anxiety and thoughts of suicide are increasingly more common in this cohort than ones before. A 2019 study showed undergraduate students of the Gen Z cohort had double the rates of those issues than others.

There is of course the argument that this generation is more likely to be open about mental health issues than others, meaning that everyone’s always been anxious, they just talk more about it. But it doesn’t account for, argues Psychology Today, the increased suicide rates.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 08:32 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_tails View Post
sounds like bs, do yu magically get cured right at 30? and exactly at 60 it will magically pop back?

sa and sm (selective mutism) are one of the scariest disorders from ''normal'' disorders in world yu can literary be handicapped AF

but i think it is for life unless you somehow trigger it real good to disappear it can be such a random chance tho

why is there no big money compensation from government for such handicap???
I know how to get money thrown at the problem (at least into research,) but it would be against the rules to say here lol.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 10:53 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
I first thought about seriously killing myself at the age of 12, so that just gives you an idea of the kind of life I have had. I always feel like things will never get better. I always feel like there is no point of anything. I know things can get better, and they have in the past but I just don't see how. And I always think good things happen to everyone else and never to me. The truth is I just try not to think too much about the future. I have been trying to figure out a way to go on for a very long time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page