How do you get that positive energy flowing after negativity? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine

How do you get that positive energy flowing after negativity?

Like, after being called something or some bad stuff happened, how do you keep positive energy, not coping, being positive. Like your body feels fresh, I can keep going, but I dont feel dresh, I dont feel clean if you know what I mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:47 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, Japanese
My Mood: Confused
In my opinion trying to stay positive, especially after something bad happened only hurts more. So I'd say it's okay to feel negative sometimes. I'm learning that being present with how you really feel is the beginning of healing. Whether it's anger, sadness, fear you need to express, let it out. Writing is a good method, or listening to music that empathizes with your emotions.
I think that there needs to be room for positivity to come naturally.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:56 AM
SAS Member

As for me, writing helps enormously. Write down all that you feel, maybe try to define if you 're not painting black something that's in fact neutral, etc - I usually start to feel better as soon as I start to write, and by the end I naturally come to positive conclusions and motivations.
I agree with the previous person that it's not good to try to suppress negative emotions, but after all, you're in control and you can actually decide if you let the emotions take over. After some time I think the best thing to do is just stop dwelling on the negative thoughts, bat them away whenever they come back nagging at you

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impedido10 View Post
Like, after being called something or some bad stuff happened, how do you keep positive energy, not coping, being positive. Like your body feels fresh, I can keep going, but I dont feel dresh, I dont feel clean if you know what I mean?
I think it really depends on person to person, and depends on what type of experience. But I can tell you what works for me and you can use that as a guide. In general, it's important to take care of your physical body: that means get enough sleep, eat healthy, and exercise. I know for me, if I don't get my sleep, I feel miserable. Secondly, just sit and relax. Close your eyes or stare out the window. Of course, this just might be my experience but often times, life can be quite hectic and during those moments where I do nothing, it relaxes my mind and when I return back, I feel refreshed, ready to take on something. During this time, you can practice being mindful, visit calm.com or whatever.

If that doesn't work, try to divert your attention or do something that makes you feel like you've accomplished something. Diverting your attention in the sense that you're thinking about something else. Visit a website you enjoy, or watch some youtube video if that's your thing. And of course, do something that makes you feel like you've accomplished something: for me, I like the small victories in life. So, when I clean a room and it's looking awesome. I feel good about myself. Or memorizing a set of new vocabulary words. I feel having these small victories really helps during the days when nothing seems to go right, and sometimes, creates a catalyst to help me do something harder that if I hadn't, felt like it would be impossible.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page