How do you feel physically? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
loser

Language: some French, some German, English and my mother tongue which is also top secret

How do you feel physically?

In the last year I found myself having a lot of inconveniences which I rarely noticed years ago.
I don't know if these are the result of SA but it certainly feels like it.

I discovered following symptoms on my body:
-lower back problems, not that it truly hurts but it feels very stiff especially when I stand up it just feels old, daily
-I feel this pressure around my eyes and my front head, again not really pain but an inconvenience, a fuzzy head. At least weekly
-chest pain in the middle, especially after eating but not everyday, I'd say once or twice every month
-a numb feeling on my penis, sometimes it feels like the nerves there aren't very responsive anymore
-I have to pee a lot. One glass of water or anything else makes me go 3 to 4 times. This problem has been going for longer than a year though
-some mild tooth soreness but there are never any cavities, also sometimes my jaws are a bit irritating.

It all isn't too bad and it doesn't hamper my movement but it's noticeable. I don't think it's because of my age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM
The Groat King

Did some running and hiking and now my heels are bothering me
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:24 PM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

Why do you wear high heels while running?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:30 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnynihilist View Post
Did some running and hiking and now my heels are bothering me
Whereabouts is the discomfort in your heels?

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't as conscious as I am. It would be so much easier."
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:33 PM
The Groat King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven17 View Post
The backs
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:42 PM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebootplease View Post
Why do you wear high heels while running?
Im only joking funny
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnynihilist View Post
Quote:
The backs
If its underneath i.e the bit contact with floor when standing its likely to be plantar fasiitis, if its up the back i.e the bit thats not on the floor but in the back of your shoe its likely to be achilles tendonitis. Lengthening calf muscle stretches should help ease both.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:46 PM
The Groat King

Quote:
If its underneath i.e the bit contact with floor when standing its likely to be plantar fasiitis, if its up the back i.e the bit thats not on the floor but in the back of your shoe its likely to be achilles tendonitis. Lengthening calf muscle stretches should help ease both.
Thanks man!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:52 PM
SAS Member

Thanks man![/QUOTE]

Hope it helps!

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:09 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
At the moment, soft and blubbery.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Oh I've been feeling like **** for as long as I can remember. Pretty much once I hit 30 everything started to nosedive. I felt basically perfect at all times before that (except for frequent headaches and chronic insomnia, which probably wasn't all that great for my heart and overall health).

I could write a book about all the changes I've undergone since then. None of them good.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Malevolent Dictator

Bloated and cramping, mostly. And I must have looked a sight, staggering to the store today. My vertigo's so bad I can barely stand up. I'm surprised I didn't faceplant into the concrete. On the plus side, no migraine today (so far).

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:06 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Like someone who are old and close to death...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Bloated and cramping, mostly. And I must have looked a sight, staggering to the store today. My vertigo's so bad I can barely stand up. I'm surprised I didn't faceplant into the concrete. On the plus side, no migraine today (so far).
I get sort of a dizzy type of feeling once in awhile these days. Never used to. I think it might be blood pressure related. My "normal" blood pressure was actually kinda low (below normal) most of the time before my doctor put me on low dose blood pressure med to protect my kidneys.

Since then I have noticed that I will occasionally get a wave of super strong dizziness. Though it isn't related to walking (as I think you've said yours is). I can be lying in bed and get it sometimes. Hasn't happened for awhile though.

Have you had issues with your ears before?

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 PM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
My Mood: Inspired
Half conscious lol, I miss being a teenager, not for school obviously... but for the boundless energy and carefree/ignorance of not worrying about injuries. Also if you did get injured you'd heal super quick compared to now..

These days I'm re-learning everything, how to sleep, how to walk, how should I move my body.. I'm honestly scared of what I'm gonna feel like if I ever make it to 30.

I felt a huge shift after 21, things started to degrade a lot and I think in part because massive depression finally swallowed whole my youth. It sucks because I don't even have any typical vices like alcohol/smoking/drugs and I'm completely clean but my health seems to be worse than those who do everything. :/

That's probably why I feel like I have to be perfect in everything, because one mistep and it's all over, I mean I made a few misteps decision-wise in my youth and look where we are now.

There's no redemption (so far). I'm way past the Disney phase after having gathered enough real life experience and information about society and people.

I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:42 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Today wasn't so bad but lack of energy is a big problem now. I've always been a sleepy type of person but it's gotten worse. Feel like crap half the time when at work. Feel like I'm in a fog and make stupid mistakes. I can blame that on only getting 7 hours of sleep but the sleepy attacks on the weekends....not sure what that is all about. Seem to get the sudden urge to nap at around 6pm. It sucks.

Fingers on my left hand have been feeling funny for a week now. I don't know if I pinched a nerve or what. I do sleep on my hands sometimes. Get into weird positions.

Kitty Therapy

The Meaning of Life

The Grim Reaper

We're going riding on the freeway......
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:58 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
For having a body as old as mine, I feel remarkably well. Which is really surprising, considering everything I have put it through. I feel much the same as I have all of my life, no aches, no pains, no difficulties with thinking, I have always been told that I would be feeling it by now, but I'm not. I don't even feel worn down, or sluggish, I feel pretty much as I did as a teenager right now.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
groper?
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:13 AM
Malevolent Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I get sort of a dizzy type of feeling once in awhile these days. Never used to. I think it might be blood pressure related. My "normal" blood pressure was actually kinda low (below normal) most of the time before my doctor put me on low dose blood pressure med to protect my kidneys.

Since then I have noticed that I will occasionally get a wave of super strong dizziness. Though it isn't related to walking (as I think you've said yours is). I can be lying in bed and get it sometimes. Hasn't happened for awhile though.

Have you had issues with your ears before?
I have low blood pressure, too. I get that 'blacking out' when I stand up too fast. (Fun fact: chronic anxiety can produce low blood pressure.) But my vertigo is different.

I'm about 95% certain I have Meniere's disease. My dad has it (diagnosed) and it can be genetic. We have all the same symptoms (dizziness, tinnitus, and hearing loss). There's no cure. (Eventually, I'll go deaf. Yay! (My dad and two brothers have hearing loss.))

I generally always have some amount of vertigo and I always have tinnitus (which drives me crazy). I may go a few days without really noticing my vertigo, and then I may go several days where I have trouble walking. On one occasion, my vertigo was so bad I couldn't get out of bed for two days because I couldn't tell which way was up. (For anyone who's been drunk, it was like that world spinning when you lie down, only it lasted for over two days.) When it's bad, I get nausea as well.

Because it can happen suddenly, I can't drive or operate any kind of dangerous machinery or do anything involving heights. I can go from 'fine' to the vertigo equivalent of 'hammered' in about 2 seconds. Which obviously makes me dangerous in a vehicle. Especially since turning my head is one of the things that triggers it. It also makes it impossible for me to defend myself; you can turtle me just by tipping me the wrong way. (One of the reasons I have anxiety about my identity.)

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 06:52 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Strong. Although the right side of my back never wants to loosen up no matter what I try.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page