Having a panic attack now - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Having a panic attack now

I sit in front of my computer daily, take an occasional walk, but feel so defeated by this. I really don't know what to do. I don't have money to seek therapy. My mind is running so fast and I don't know how to be positive. I can't talk to mom and dad. THis scares them. I don't want to cause them any problems. Help me. I am so scared that I won't be able to live a normal life ever. I am fearing the future, the unknown.
I have a mental block. I can only think of the negative. Any words?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 04:37 PM

If you're on the computer then you're not likely to be having a panic attack.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 05:04 PM

Breathe into a small paper bag, remember to breathe in the contents of the bag. When you start hyperventilating during a panic attack your body loses carbon dioxide, thats why you get numb in certain parts of your body. The paper bag helps replenish the c02 and will make you feel better.

See a doctor or psychiatrist, panic disorder is easy to treat but not always so easy to get under control. Personally, i find benzos (xanax, klonopin, valium, etc) to work great and i have horrible panic attacks that land me in the emergency room.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 06:27 PM

EMBRACE panic, try this.. dont fight the feeling, embrace it, think "I WANT TO BE MORE ANXIOUS" that ends the struggle that actually causes the panic, if you fight it it just gets worse, intead try to amplify it and it works the opposite way, Ive done this

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page