Has anyone else's anxiety completely returned after being home so long. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Has anyone else's anxiety completely returned after being home so long.

I was furloughed in mid March. Since mid April, I've mostly stayed home. I used to go to Starbucks but now you can't sit there. I feel like any progress I've made on conquering my social anxiety has been lost. I don't like to leave home and don't like to pick up the phone. I'm just sort of passing the days away. Can anyone else relate to this?

Nardil 75 mg/day (22.5 mg in the morning, 22.5 mg in the afternoon, 30 mg at night)
Seroquel 200 mg/night (100 mg to get to sleep, 100 mg in the middle of the night)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 01:01 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
You're not alone in this. Lots of people found that being stuck at home for months, away from family and friends, with life disrupted so much and the future uncertain, that anxiety really hit them hard. I think you have to try and make the best of the situation though, as hard as it might be. That way, you know that you're doing everything you can, and that the situation is only temporary so things will become somewhat normal soon

<3
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 02:41 PM
Pesky Pessimist

That usually happens to me. Nowadays, I rarely get cooped up at home for too long of a time. Maybe a day max if it happens.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 02:54 PM
insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmycaptain View Post
I was furloughed in mid March. Since mid April, I've mostly stayed home. I used to go to Starbucks but now you can't sit there. I feel like any progress I've made on conquering my social anxiety has been lost. I don't like to leave home and don't like to pick up the phone. I'm just sort of passing the days away. Can anyone else relate to this?
You regressed. Is there any way you can beak out of the old mold? It sounds like you will have to make a conscious effort to do so.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 03:14 PM
SAS Member

Passing the days away is how I feel most of the time
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 03:27 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
lockdown ****ed with my head. but I recovered after - to my usual state i mean. yesterday i was anxious as **** for no reason. days I feel up to visiting my friend are good. but I also need rest days. and then there are those days that would be a rest day if I didnt get so anxious, and then I need an additional rest day.

so sometimes I think I wasted this or that day but tbh I couldn't deal with doing things on that day. if I go out for a walk, that's an ok day. the weeks that I only have work on 2 days are usually bad.

everything is totally dependent on my energy and my mood. and also on external things like game nights and when I can visit friend, etc.

yesterday I wanted to buy some things, and I went for a walk but I didnt end up getting the things. it's not urgent so it doesnt bother me and covid19 things offer decent reasons to just buy stuff online I guess.

i just try to take whatever happens, if I feel like doing things, ok, if I dont feel like doing it, ok. that happened. try not to dwell on it.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 03:49 PM
SAS Member

I don't think the actual lockdown has made my anxiety increase. It's definitely made my mental health in general much worse though - some days I just feel like I'm losing it. I usually have things I do to help with how I feel - different places I go to etc but with all this I can't do that. So it's just sort of survival mode atm.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 04:59 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Mine never came or went. It was always there and most likely always will be. This whole thing has not really changed me in any way (other than possibly making me more empathetic and changing some of my political views). In many ways, the virus thing has just exacerbated my issues though. Like I would not want to go to a doctor no matter what. I always hated pretty much any kind of rigid social obligation or setting. Only now it's worse because pretty much everything that was previously unpleasant because of it's unnatural rigidity is just that much more rigid and inflexible and really makes me just never want to leave my room ever again.

And of course it has caused many of the same stresses and pressures on everyone else so everyone is stressed out and grumpy and pissed off at everything. Thus, almost any interaction I have with other people right now is 99% going to be unpleasant and something to be (rightfully) avoided.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 10:23 PM
Permanently Banned

Not at all. I almost never left the house or interacted with people before corona, now everyone’s going insane for living the way I always did. That’s so mindblowing to me.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtsLeaveMeAlone View Post
Not at all. I almost never left the house or interacted with people before corona, now everyone’s going insane for living the way I always did. That’s so mindblowing to me.
Lol.

Nardil 75 mg/day (22.5 mg in the morning, 22.5 mg in the afternoon, 30 mg at night)
Seroquel 200 mg/night (100 mg to get to sleep, 100 mg in the middle of the night)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 07:29 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheeky
Yea i was improving a lot, but this totally isolated me from really exposing myself to environments where there are groups of people

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page