harassment - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy

harassment

How do you tell someone, "your actions have had a detrimental effect on me and, because I can't take back all those years, I wish karma would reign down upon you"?
Anybody else on here know what it's like to just not be left alone? I have been doing worse for so many years because people would not let me be. I'm too afraid to branch out for fear of being put on a stage or burnt on a stake again. I could've been happy a DECADE ago if people would just leave me alone. Instead I feel like I keep going through the same god damn cycle with slow *** people so stupid they think it's okay to just go up and tell people about THEIR OWN business.

complexity is at the root of insanity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Goofy
I'm confused. Is this is just one bully who is attacking you or are lots of people in general doing it?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 03:05 PM
SAS Member

Feel the adrenaline and LET it be adrenaline and energy to FUEL you, not to disable you. Tell them to **** off... in your own words. I've done it a few times now and I get heart palpitations and it's uncomfortable af but it makes a powerful statement and people react to it, trust me. But maybe a bit more politely lol tell them how you feel but be strong. You got this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 09:17 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by asittingducky View Post
How do you tell someone, "your actions have had a detrimental effect on me and, because I can't take back all those years, I wish karma would reign down upon you"?
Anybody else on here know what it's like to just not be left alone? I have been doing worse for so many years because people would not let me be. I'm too afraid to branch out for fear of being put on a stage or burnt on a stake again. I could've been happy a DECADE ago if people would just leave me alone. Instead I feel like I keep going through the same god damn cycle with slow *** people so stupid they think it's okay to just go up and tell people about THEIR OWN business.
I'm sure about only one thing, that I didn't understand anything what you said...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 05:41 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Well, in general, I would say that you're better off just putting some time (and especially distance) between yourself and whomever that person (persons) is. If you cannot, I doubt your informing them that they're bothering you would be telling them anything they don't already know (they tend to do it on purpose).

Not enough information.

/WYSD
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

Omg thank you guys for responding and sorry I'm so late. Yes it's a group of people and I am stuck with their nonsense. They are so dense that even telling them blatantly doesn't work, they'll just twist my words like sociopaths do. I dunno what to do and my life is on the verge of being ruined forever

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl with a pen View Post
Telling them how awful they are and how much you hate them will never be satisfying the way you imagine it. Just get away from them and never look back.
Unfortunately at my age responsibilities make this hard to do without me paying for it with my future as well as with my finances. Basically I'll have to be the one suffering for it, which is what I specifically hate about the situation.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:25 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by asittingducky View Post
Unfortunately at my age responsibilities make this hard to do without me paying for it with my future as well as with my finances. Basically I'll have to be the one suffering for it, which is what I specifically hate about the situation.
Sounds like this is bullying going on at work. Not an easy situation to deal with. You go to the boss or management you get labeled as a snitch. You kick there butt and fight them you could lose your job.

You could record there abuse on your phone. Then you will have evidence if you go to management.

Or you can settle this man to man and with a fist fight. Hopefully off company grounds.

Not an easy decision. But you need to do something about it one way or the other. Just taking verbal abuse or physical abuse is not good at all for your mental health. I know. I was in a similar situation at work in my 20's. I put up for it for way to long and didn't respond for fear of losing job or getting my butt kicked.

Good luck
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Custom User Title

Language: French and English
My Mood: Fine
hrzmt

Sasseth
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 04:11 PM
dumb fantasy

Language: rambling
i've had non sexual harassment most of my adult life. people just going out of their way to be dicks towards other people. they are pretty sad individuals tbh.

I like donuts
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

The issue is when you are an SA'er you don't have any support and bullies LOVE to isolate their prey And imagine how much scarier it is when some of the bullies have all your personal information and access to the public !

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Permanently Banned

Sounds like paranoia not harassment.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page