Graduation tomorrow. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Graduation tomorrow.

Really worried. The huge amount of people, having to walk up to the stage to get my diploma, sitting and having to face all the people, and much more are making me so worried for my high school graduation. Not helping is the fact that we are gonna do this really stupid dance. The idea of dancing itself is already a mess, but in front of all of those people? That and the dance itself is pretty bad and we will 100% **** it up tomorrow? Not helping.

Any way I can help myself calm down? I’m looking forward for tomorrow but I’m also so scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:59 PM
SAS Member

I would say do your best to try to stay in the moment tomorrow and take it one second at a time. In the end, it's going to fly by and it will just become another memory. Try to soak it up, this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. It's really special and you should feel proud of yourself for making it through high school with anxiety, not an easy accomplishment! Recognize your bravery for making it through and give yourself a pat on the back. You definitely aren't the only one who is nervous for the dancing or the only one that thinks that it's stupid. Know that you aren't alone in those feelings even if nobody else says it! Also, people attending are going to be focused on finding the person up on stage that they are there to support, not everybody is going to be looking at you the entire time.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:35 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
I can understand the anxiety if you're one of the few not to dance, but surely you won't be punished or have your diploma withheld from you for not participating? Regardless sounds awful and I'm thankful my graduation didn't have anything like that.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:38 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Oh, I just noticed the date of the OP. Hope to hear an update from you!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

It went really well! The dance ended up being a mess but I don’t really care anymore. Can’t believe it’s already been a week!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:01 AM
SAS Member

I'd rather stab the headmaster than do a silly dance in front of all those people. But I've been told I take myself too seriously. Plus my headmaster was a perv who molested girls as young as eleven and called me a moron. I say he's the moron for taking pictures of himself being a dirty perv with children.

Congrats for going through with the dance. We didn't have to dance. Just collect something on the stage, shake their hand and go. The only thing I was really anxious about (other than attention being on me and usual SA stuff) was not being applauded, which I wasn't, but I didn't tell my parents about the leavers assembly because I anticipated the issue (as we with SA do), so they didn't witness that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page