Going to a bridal shower today...ugh - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Location: East Coast. Occasionally I may be located at an anime convention.

Going to a bridal shower today...ugh

Meant to post about this sooner, today I'm attending a bridal shower for the daughter of one of my mom's friends.

Known her for a few years, but we're almost as opposite as opposite can be. She the crazy-energetic outgoing party girl extrovert, I'm... well I'm sure you can guess. We spend a lot of holidays over at their house, and whenevr that happens she goes off with her friends to her room or goes out with them, I'm not included (I don't mind that, they're all pretty much the snobby girl types).

I'm pretty much going because my mom is really good friends with the girl's mom and we can't attend the actual wedding in June because for some reson they decided to have it in another state (a four hour drive away that would require staying in a hotel overnight - a lot of guests can't attend for the same reason). So I've been 'volunteered' to attend the bridal shower - since most of her friends will be in attendance I don't know if

Its at around 1:30 so I have less than on hour before I set off for there.

I've never been to a bridal shower before. Can anyone give me heads up on what to expect? They say the dress code is casual, but I don't want to show up underdressed. Any suggestions on what to wear?

Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
I don't have any experience for obvious reasons, but I would say to wear something that you would wear to work or church. You could also go on youtube and look up bridal shower vids to maybe get an idea of what people usually wear.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page