Getting high on cannabis to ease anxiety, is that looked down upon? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:40 PM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
You can smoke for 10 years and be fine and one day you get psychosis.
@Suchness
Well, I'm not going to sit here and argue with some scrub who doesn't want to listen to facts. I'm trying to add some information on this thread so it's not filled with ignorance. He's obviously worried about all of this and that kind of negativity you're providing is not very helpful for anyone interested in using marijuana as treatment.

+ You can not smoke for 10 years and be fine and one day get psychosis so your argument is ridiculous.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:43 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 4,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Suchness

Well, I'm not going to sit here and argue with some scrub who doesn't want to listen to facts. I'm trying to add some information on this thread so it's not filled with ignorance. He's obviously worried about all of this and that kind of negativity you're providing is not very helpful for anyone interested in using marijuana as treatment.



+ You can not smoke for 10 years and be fine and one day get psychosis so your argument is ridiculous.
What facts? That's CBD will prevent psychosis? I'm just saying it how it is but you stoner boys don't like to hear it.
Suchness is online now  
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:55 PM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
What facts? That's CBD will prevent psychosis? I'm just saying it how it is but you stoner boys don't like to hear it.
@Suchness
Yes CBD essentially reduces and can completely negate the psychoactive properties of THC. Do some quick research on your own or ask a marijuana specialist. I've been through anxiety induced by THC personally. Higher CBD strains and CBD supplements before use make a difference. Even then you need to be moderate and aware of your tolerance.

Unfortunately, your judgment "Stoner Boys" is the same reason OP is weary about being looked down upon; shame on you. smh

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
 
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:01 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 4,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Suchness
Yes CBD essentially reduces and can completely negate the psychoactive properties of THC. Do some quick research on your own or ask a marijuana specialist. I've been through anxiety induced by THC personally. Higher CBD strains and CBD supplements before use make a difference. Even then you need to be moderate and aware of your tolerance.

Unfortunately, your judgment "Stoner Boys" is the same reason OP is weary about being looked down upon; shame on you. smh
Marijuana specialist, lol. You must be high stoner boy. There's no real evidence showing that CDB will prevent psychosis and just because it works for some doesn't mean it will work for the people who would get psychosis from using weed alone.
Suchness is online now  
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:21 PM
I'm Not Perfect
 
anonymoususer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 391
My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Marijuana specialist, lol. You must be high stoner boy. There's no real evidence showing that CDB will prevent psychosis and just because it works for some doesn't mean it will work for the people who would get psychosis from using weed alone.
@Suchness
Damn, did a pothead fu<k your girl or something? Take this block and maybe take some time out of your ignorant day to do some learning before being a judgmental loser.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
anonymoususer2 is offline  
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:59 PM
SAS Member
 
RelinquishedHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vantucky, Washington
Gender: Other
Age: 29
Posts: 15,944
My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Marijuana specialist, lol. You must be high stoner boy. There's no real evidence showing that CDB will prevent psychosis and just because it works for some doesn't mean it will work for the people who would get psychosis from using weed alone.
@Suchness
Damn, did a pothead fu<k your girl or something? Take this block and maybe take some time out of your ignorant day to do some learning before being a judgmental loser.
Can't even manage to use the acronym in the correct order either. It's comedic evidence of ignorance lol.
RelinquishedHell is offline  
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:58 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 4,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Suchness
Damn, did a pothead fu<k your girl or something? Take this block and maybe take some time out of your ignorant day to do some learning before being a judgmental loser.
You're the one who called me a scrub and started an argument, keyboard warrior stoner boy. What I said is true and what you're saying might be true for some people too but there's not enough evidence tho show it is. I'm not going to say someone should keep taking the **** if it's already messing with them. Where's the evidence? This study says that it's not proven

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3797438/

"Despite all of the publicity surrounding cannabis, remarkably few studies have been performed that examined the relationship between a possibly harmful effect of THC and a possibly protective effect of CBD. The few studies that exist on the effects of CBD show that this cannabinoid can counteract some of the negative effects of THC, although their results have not always been consistent. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
Can't even manage to use the acronym in the correct order either. It's comedic evidence of ignorance lol.
Now now hell boy.
Suchness is online now  
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:00 AM
ghostly
 
mt moyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: k2 east face
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 3,460

Getting high on cannabis to ease anxiety, is that looked down upon?


the main downside of marijuana if you dont get paranoia, in my experience is a drastic reduction in productivity.
i could do nothing the entire day, just rewatch the same tv shows over and over while eating snacks.
cant really do that when im not high ( although close to it lol), id feel the need to do something to not make the day a complete waste. dont really feel that when im high.

people do look down on marijuana as they get older. largely due to the productivity thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

believe in urself
mt moyt is offline  
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 260
The paranoia or "psychosis" I experienced that night was so much different than the paranoia I experienced before. I truly believed my family was trying to kill me . I nearly called the police on them lol. In that state i'm more of a danger to myself than anyone else. I have admittedly done little research about weed, but from what I see THC can be really harmful to some people in large amounts, whatever strain was in the edible that night, I had too much of it.



I think i'm pretty much done with weed, I really want to try CBD oil, it's expensive but it might be worth a try... I have problems with leaving my house & avoid people as much as possible it's so unhealthy, I was diagnosed years ago with schizoaffective disorder. For a long time I doubted it, but i'm starting to believe the doctor was right.
Thejoke is offline  
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Rich elitist liberal city
Posts: 77
Depending on where you live, and who you're talking to, using cannabis for anything is looked up to.

On r/cancer or something like that, someone wrote that every Millenial asks newly diagnosed cancer patients, "Are you going to smoke pot now?"

My city has an official Office of Cannabis and city-sanctioned cannabis apothecaries. Public health clinic staff are supposed to ask every patient the usual list of questions, like if they use alcohol, marijuana, etc.

Cannabis is very overrated in some areas.
SASsier1 is offline  
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Shattered Reality
 
AngryE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 38
Posts: 24
I have smoked weed for 17 years and never experienced a bad high. A few months ago I tried some medical stuff from a local distribution center, and it made me sick and dizzy, and my heart was pounding to the point that I considered calling 911.

My blog about my experiences with women:
https://thefemalenightmare.blogspot.com/
My Life Story blog part 1, the first 18 years:
https://almostbulliedtodeath.blogspot.com/
My blog about my evil Brother:
https://brotherfromhell.blogspot.com/
AngryE is offline  
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:03 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Age: 33
Posts: 5
the internet is the perfect place to ask a bunch of experts about what substances you should and shouldn't do. As for is it trashy and looked down upon, I think the answer is yes, and no. Some people will say "yes it is" and some will say "no it's not."
Magenta is offline  
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:19 PM
SAS Member
 
Hussle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 1,160
Is there a certain type of cannabis strain that doesn't also result in extreme paranoia and absolutely tripping out balls. I've only done it a few times but 50% of the time I did it was a great relaxing experience. So calm and mellow. But the other 50% I ended up tripping, hallucinating, and thinking my family members were trying to murder me. Just the second part made me realize that it wasn't for me. When it worked the way I wanted it to, it was wonderful. I would so do that while I got a deep Asian spa massage lol. But then if I got the other reaction, I'd probably end up in jail for assaulting the massage person thinking they were trying to choke me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still thinking of one.
Hussle is offline  
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:23 PM
SAS Member
 
Hussle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejoke View Post
The paranoia or "psychosis" I experienced that night was so much different than the paranoia I experienced before. I truly believed my family was trying to kill me . I nearly called the police on them lol. In that state i'm more of a danger to myself than anyone else. I have admittedly done little research about weed, but from what I see THC can be really harmful to some people in large amounts, whatever strain was in the edible that night, I had too much of it.



I think i'm pretty much done with weed, I really want to try CBD oil, it's expensive but it might be worth a try... I have problems with leaving my house & avoid people as much as possible it's so unhealthy, I was diagnosed years ago with schizoaffective disorder. For a long time I doubted it, but i'm starting to believe the doctor was right.
This. No one told me you could get some sort of extreme paranoia or almost get to a point of hallucination on this stuff. When I tried it the first time, I felt really great and wanted more. The next thing I know, I'm ready to beat up anybody coming near me cause I felt they were trying to harm me and also that I was sent to another dimension/alternate reality. I'd try it again now that I'm more experienced but damn at least give me a heads up these so called weed people.

I remember one time I was tripping out so bad, I went outside and saw a car coming down the street my way. Then I swear I saw the same car come down from the same direction pass me again. Then I stood for a long time on the street waiting for any other car to come down just to see if it would happen again

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still thinking of one.
Hussle is offline  
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryE View Post
I have smoked weed for 17 years and never experienced a bad high. A few months ago I tried some medical stuff from a local distribution center, and it made me sick and dizzy, and my heart was pounding to the point that I considered calling 911.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that too I was breathing heavily, and my heart was going insane. I think the fast heartbeats are normal, but damn! What a night that was, it took me a few weeks to fully get over it. In it's own way it did sort of help me, because a lot of my insecurities and mental issues became clearer to me after that night
Thejoke is offline  
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Yoink
 
sabbath9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,368
Illinois is the 11th state in the USA to legalize recreational cannabis. They will start selling it there January 1, 2020.


Maine is almost ready for recreational sales.


Massachusetts has a bunch of retail outlets now.


Florida is finally allowing smokeable product for our medicinal program.


Cannabis is as safe as milk. Don't listen to people brain washed by: Big Pharma, Big Alcohol, Tobacco, Law Enforcement, etc. All these industries are getting rich by causing further suffering of innocent and sick people.

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
sabbath9 is offline  
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:39 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴
 
zonebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida, Oosa
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,410
My Mood: Inspired
I used to have pretty bad anxiety attacks after smoking, most people never really understood at all what I was going through. The first hour would be hell, then it would usually be pretty cool, it has been so long now that it is hard to remember everything but I smoked a lot of it in my late teens, into my twenties. It was pretty consistent though, no matter what strain (and there were many) I would only take two or three hits, and it would always play on my anxiety for the first hour. After that hour though, I felt really good for a few hours. As to why it has a bad reputation, well, most pot heads are pretty apathetic, it is not exactly fantastic for an organized society, that would be my guess. I imagine for people suffering with mental illness, it could be a mixed bag, some might benefit from it, while it hurts others.

I don't know, I'm not on board with all of the ultra weed fanatics, that like to think the cure for everything can be found in a bag of weed, and it does absolutely no harm at all.. I'm not exactly opposed to it either. If it were legal, I would probably smoke it on the rare occasion, but I would not do it often because that initial onslaught of anxiety really sucked for me.. and yes, I have been told in the past a million times, how such and such weed wouldn't make me anxious, and it still did. I guess I'm a weed "centrist", damn.. yep, I'm that kind of annoying person on this topic

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
zonebox is offline  
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 48
Posts: 4,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonebox View Post
As to why it has a bad reputation, well, most pot heads are pretty apathetic, it is not exactly fantastic for an organized society, that would be my guess. I imagine for people suffering with mental illness, it could be a mixed bag, some might benefit from it, while it hurts others.
That's pretty much a stereotype about pot heads being apathetic. Certain strains will get you cleaning and have you so focused on doing things with your time.
Yer Blues is offline  
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Brendan
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2
I honestly dont see the issue, if it works for you, then sure go ahead and continue using it. I've never used it though so it will be an interesting experience for when i do.
brendanjb is offline  
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:12 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I smoked everyday for 8 years then started to get panic attacks. Don't know how strong it was but we all smoked hydro. Some people get ****ed up after the first time and for others it can take much longer. Looking back I think it made me more introverted before the anxiety started, def not for everyone.
Yes it's not worth the risk! I'm against cannibis/weed, it has be illegalized for such a long time there should be a reason. I also don't like the fact that there's a 'high' to it.
lily is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Science links anxiety to high IQ's & rare psychic gift winterspell Science and Philosophy 13 04-14-2017 01:04 PM
Social Anxiety & Goals ☺ Natsumiineko Coping With Social Anxiety 1 01-27-2017 06:03 PM
Social Anxiety & Goals ☺ Natsumiineko Coping With Social Anxiety 0 01-26-2017 02:12 PM
Anyone interested in doing a personality quiz? SAgirl General Discussion 17 03-27-2008 06:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome