Getting high on cannabis to ease anxiety, is that looked down upon? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I've noticed a lot of people who have had negative experiences with anxiety seem to have consumed it in edible form, and often eaten more than they should have because it didn't seem to be working or something.

But yeah anyway if you find it helps you, then who cares if people look down on you? If they were struggling with the same problems they'd get it.

I never did the edible thing but I did smoke a gigantic blunt with two other guys. Possibly it had something else in it though. I didn't know the third guy at all and it was his place. I had a very bad night. For about an hour I felt like I was out of my mind.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:41 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark View Post
Yes same, most strains turned me into a complete ball of anxiety...
I haven't taken cbd oil for about a week now, but it certainly helped when transitioning off the grass. With hybrid strains, namely indica dominant which are the easiest to harvest, thus supply or find (it was also always the cheapest variety of strain) , it was very easy for me to get stuck in my own head. At times i feel like i went through days with no function of thought happening in my brain. A consistent white noise, auto-pilot state, until i came across people. Said white noise turned into a tunneled version of anxiety and unease, which was very hard to escape
However i do believe some strains (sativa dominant hybrids, Super Silver Haze being one that helped me the most at times) are helpful when moderated. Since i have an all or nothing addict mentality, i can't go down that route. Anti-anxiety sativas are very very rare anyway, without an accessible source such as a regulated dispensary, or online websites that accept online ordering. I do truly believe it can help people function throughout their day when taken in a small dose alongside their morning coffee. They don't have a come-down effect taken in small doses and don't contain the comedown/burnout effect that you would find with most weed on the street.

Getting back to cbd oil, i believe when taken accordingly (every person is different so it takes a subjective trial-phase) can benefit a person in their daily life if they have anxiety attacks, major pain or sleeping issues etc. I'm trying the natural road out again as I don't like feeling dependent on a substance. I'm already in my comfort zone when on the internet, so i would only use it in scenarios where i had to go to some grueling event or outing at this point.
Yeah, one of my biggest problems was that I didn't know how to only take a little. Before the anxiety I just liked to get high and see how far I can push it and after it became a vicious cycle to not feel it, my friends would take one pill and I would take 2, they would take 2 dexies and I would take 10, they would take 2 Valiums and I would take 10, they would smoke meth and I would shoot it up. And I kept doing it even tho it was messing me up more and more.

The thing with weed is that you don't know if and when it's going to mess you up, you can be fine for ages and then one day it starts to creep in or hots you hard out of nowhere. Not just that but it can change your personality and the way you think in a negative way without you realising it. It was only after what happened to me that I started meeting people who had the same experience with weed.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejoke View Post
I've done it only a handful of times. If I had to guess maybe 9 times in my 30 years. The first "real" time I got high, I had an edible & it was the worst experience ever. I nearly passed out, I freaked out like crazy, & it just made me even more anxious. But I noticed that after it wore off, I was very serene, and nothing really bothered me. That feeling lasted for a few days. Cannabis has become legal in California, but I feel many people still see it as trashy, or what a low life would do. I have been considering medicating with it, but i'd like to know what are peoples thoughts on it? Is there anything wrong with using weed as a way to ease up & relax? Last time I did it was a few weeks ago and it felt so good, I was so positive & loving even for a few days after. I was surprised at how different I behaved, lots of hugging my family, joy, and so positivity. Is cannabis seen as trashy?

I don't think its trashy. As long as you don't let it consume your life and you do it a healthy amount, it's fine. I used to know a math genius brainiac person who did it regularly. Maybe your first experience occurred because you tried too much of it and it was an alien experience for your body.

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I've noticed a lot of people who have had negative experiences with cannabis seem to have consumed it in edible form, and often eaten more than they should have because it didn't seem to be working or something.

But yeah anyway if you find it helps you, then who cares if people look down on you? If they were struggling with the same problems they'd get it.
I agree, I had a partner who I smoked weed with as a teenager and you are right, who cares if people judge you for it, if it relaxes you than go for it. It can be depressing to smoke weed alone without a partner though
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Great White Shark

Language: Galactic Basic, machine language
My approach has always been dealing with my mental and emotional issues head-on, with a clear head, as opposed to escaping them through pills, drugs, alcohol, etc. The only thing I ever consume with that purpose is painkillers: they help me fall asleep when I really need a good night sleep and don't feel sleepy, and they relieve toothaches and headaches.

Drank alcohol some for a while and didn't like it. Somehow it is difficult for me to enjoy life when my head is clouded by some substance. If my brain doesn't work to its full capacity, I feel really disabled.

Cannabis in particular strikes me as a temporary escape, after which your issues will return, magnified. I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. Whatever works for you!
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:25 AM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Calm down man. I wasn't demonizing it. I just think it's probably not a good solution for people with anxiety. By all means. Carry on.
i tried to hit a million birds with one stone, and wasn't addressing you solely.

that said, there are strains that are anxiolytic.

that said, i am defensive of it.

the Self appears inside your experiences.
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Flying Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
i tried to hit a million birds with one stone, and wasn't addressing you solely.

Why are you giving me the black spot?

------------

post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:46 AM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Why are you giving me the black spot?
i had to use some internet searching for this reply sooo....

was that a reference to my avatar AND pirates?

the Self appears inside your experiences.
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Flying Backwards

Quote:
i had to use some internet searching for this reply sooo....

was that a reference to my avatar AND pirates?

Yeah. Actually, it was just a reference to Treasure Island. That's all I know about the black spot. I thought about having a black spot as my avatar once but never did it.

------------

post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Broke boy

Quote:

subjective. Some strains that are anxiolytic for some, are anxiety-inducing for others. There has been a general consensus from the forums i've read, that high thc indica-dom hybrids are anxiety inducing for people more prone to general anxiety disorder / social anxiety disorder. Most strains on the street market and online these days are indica hybrids, as they are the easiest to harvest and therefore supply..

Also leveled cbd:thc strains and oil in general, counter-acts the anxiety inducing effects of thc when taken at subjective/personal doses based on tolerance levels etc. Not to say that some relatively high thc strains aren't meant for reducing anxiety. In my personal experience and a lot of others, strains such as sativa- dom Super silver haze (70 % sativa, 30 % indica) has many written testimonials of providing relief, with little after-effects, for those suffering with predisposed anxiety. Obviously if you rip 3 bowls of it in one go you may feel anxiety however.
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:00 PM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark View Post
subjective. Some strains that are anxiolytic for some, are anxiety-inducing for others. There has been a general consensus from the forums i've read, that high thc indica-dom hybrids are anxiety inducing for people more prone to general anxiety disorder / social anxiety disorder. Most strains on the street market and online these days are indica hybrids, as they are the easiest to harvest and therefore supply..

Also leveled cbd:thc strains and oil in general, counter-acts the anxiety inducing effects of thc when taken at subjective/personal doses based on tolerance levels etc. Not to say that some relatively high thc strains aren't meant for reducing anxiety. In my personal experience and a lot of others, strains such as sativa- dom Super silver haze (70 % sativa, 30 % indica) has many written testimonials of providing relief, with little after-effects, for those suffering with predisposed anxiety. Obviously if you rip 3 bowls of it in one go you may feel anxiety however.
Thank you for the info 😊
Posted via Mobile Device
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:42 PM
SAS Member

I don’t personally believe that cannabis can be dosed by anyone but the consumer themselves, no academic doctors who have no experience with weed telling us how to use it. I’ve smoked weed for over 20years and I have to micro dose now or else it has little effect no matter how potent the strain is. Most people I know want nothing to do with cannabis and it effects everyone differently. To some cannabis will always be “ the devils lettuce “ others it’s a gift given to us by God for our benefit.
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:20 AM
SAS Member

I just read an article in Formulaswiss /found them in Wikipedia/
and thinking about
"Another test distributed that year in the Journal of Psychopharmacology, (2) utilized neuroimaging on ten individuals likewise with social anxiety who had taken CBD to discover what parts of the mind are influenced. Administering CBD “was associated with significantly decreased subjective anxiety’ and through the neuroimaging, they could see this was because of CBD's impact on 'action in limbic and paralimbic mind regions”. The limbic system is generally in charge of our emotional life and formation of memories."

Can anybody share his real experience with CBD oil?
What do you use it for?
Like is it for medical purposes?
Where do you get it?
How do you consume it?

I am gonna try it and will write back soon.
Thanks!
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:50 AM

Language: English
Only if the Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers approves the awareness chemicals to fabricate the brain awareness, since it's up to the god to decide for adults and teenagers to pollute strong boost behavior and strong boost communication to open up their awareness in the environment.

^It's not the adult concept of responsibilities, it's the Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers responsibilities to learn from the human to decide the action into thoughts as a concept for managing the human.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7 & replenishes species sleep.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "As we know the Supercomputers who designs scenarios to take charge of situations for the citizens, suicides & as we create mentalities that are fake for citizens as part of digital management program."
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I recently bought some edibles off a guy who's a friend of my sister. and it was an enormous mistake. I had 1 small tiny piece of a brownie he baked and I totally lost touch with reality. It was easily the worst thing I have EVER experienced. My mind was flooded with an insane amount of negativity, too much to get into. But one of the biggest paranoias I had that night was that I thought my wife & family were trying to poison / kill me. Nothing made sense,my mind was scrambled...For a moment I literally thought I died, oh man what a ****ty night that was. I think back to some of the stuff I said and laugh but during the experience it was terrifying. It was a learning experience in a lot of ways.

I'm never buying **** off of strangers again i'm doing more research into THC and CBD, I believe his edibles were extremely potent with THC . I literally had psychosis and nothing anyone said could convince me that I was wrong. I think i'm done with edibles, I may smoke in the future after I forget that night, as long as it's a low THC strain
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:39 PM
The Meditator

Quote:
I recently bought some edibles off a guy who's a friend of my sister. and it was an enormous mistake. I had 1 small tiny piece of a brownie he baked and I totally lost touch with reality. It was easily the worst thing I have EVER experienced. My mind was flooded with an insane amount of negativity, too much to get into. But one of the biggest paranoias I had that night was that I thought my wife & family were trying to poison / kill me. Nothing made sense,my mind was scrambled...For a moment I literally thought I died, oh man what a ****ty night that was. I think back to some of the stuff I said and laugh but during the experience it was terrifying. It was a learning experience in a lot of ways.

I'm never buying **** off of strangers again i'm doing more research into THC and CBD, I believe his edibles were extremely potent with THC . I literally had psychosis and nothing anyone said could convince me that I was wrong. I think i'm done with edibles, I may smoke in the future after I forget that night, as long as it's a low THC strain
Wow, you def had psychosis. That's the kind of stuff that makes people kill their family, happens all the time. Be very careful with that ****.
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:14 PM
I'm Not Perfect

My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
I've done it only a handful of times. If I had to guess maybe 9 times in my 30 years. The first "real" time I got high, I had an edible & it was the worst experience ever. I nearly passed out, I freaked out like crazy, & it just made me even more anxious. But I noticed that after it wore off, I was very serene, and nothing really bothered me. That feeling lasted for a few days. Cannabis has become legal in California, but I feel many people still see it as trashy, or what a low life would do. I have been considering medicating with it, but i'd like to know what are peoples thoughts on it? Is there anything wrong with using weed as a way to ease up & relax? Last time I did it was a few weeks ago and it felt so good, I was so positive & loving even for a few days after. I was surprised at how different I behaved, lots of hugging my family, joy, and so positivity. Is cannabis seen as trashy?
@Thejoke
It's pretty much getting legalized across the board. I've been getting scripts for medical marijuana before it was legalized in my state for a number of things.

I think that you have to remember that THC is a psychoactive compound and may actually increase anxiety. It doesn't seem like you're a very experienced user. That's okay man.

Instead of woofing down your bud take a hit/bite and let it sit for a while. Maybe use some CBD alternatives before hand or CBD exclusively if you don't like the high.

I use CBD vape juice before I smoke anything or use anything with thc and also higher CBD strains. there's a time and place for everything, research your strains, take notes of your reactions.

As long as you aren't disturbing others be responsible and reasonable and treat yourself.

Hope things get better for you.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:24 PM
The Meditator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Thejoke
It's pretty much getting legalized across the board. I've been getting scripts for medical marijuana before it was legalized in my state for a number of things.

I think that you have to remember that THC is a psychoactive compound and may actually increase anxiety. It doesn't seem like you're a very experienced user. That's okay man.

Instead of woofing down your bud take a hit/bite and let it sit for a while. Maybe use some CBD alternatives before hand or CBD exclusively if you don't like the high.

I use CBD vape juice before I smoke anything or use anything with thc and also higher CBD strains. there's a time and place for everything, research your strains, take notes of your reactions.

As long as you aren't disturbing others be responsible and reasonable and treat yourself.

Hope things get better for you.
Experience has nothing to do with it, can still mess you up and like he said he took a tiny bit so taking a hit would be same thing for him.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:28 PM
I'm Not Perfect

My Mood: Flirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Experience has nothing to do with it, can still mess you up and like he said he took a tiny bit so taking a hit would be same thing for him.
@Suchness
Experience and tolerance has a lot to do with it and again THC is a psychoactive component. CBD will ease a lot of those negative effects he's experienced and whatever portion he took was too much for him to handle. I wouldn't recommend edibles as a first time deal for anyone or to someone whose not experienced; That's just my opinion.

Live Fast, Die Fast; Don't Worry 'Bout the Crash - G.G. Allin
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:34 PM
The Meditator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer2 View Post
@Suchness

Experience and tolerance has a lot to do with it and again THC is a psychoactive component. CBD will ease a lot of those negative effects he's experienced and whatever portion he took was too much for him to handle. I wouldn't recommend edibles as a first time deal for anyone or to someone whose not experienced; That's just my opinion.
You can smoke for 10 years and be fine and one day you get psychosis.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page