Forcing yourself.. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Forcing yourself..

I just forced myself to set foot outside this morning, and walked in the sunshine and really enjoyed myself.

I still wore a 'disguise' (my hat) and listened to my mp3 player really loud, but it was worth the stress.
I hope you all have a lovely day too...And the weather is beautiful where you are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 06:42 PM

Re: Forcing yourself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyssum
I just forced myself to set foot outside this morning, and walked in the sunshine and really enjoyed myself.

I still wore a 'disguise' (my hat) and listened to my mp3 player really loud, but it was worth the stress.
I hope you all have a lovely day too...And the weather is beautiful where you are.
keep it up thats awesome!

i think we do need to push ourselves a few times until it gets comfortable....not everyone can do the whole exposure therapy but trying at least one time and telling yourself if i didn't work out you can go back to doing what you're doing because maybe you'll really like it

now only if i could take that approach with asking a girl out...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM

re: Forcing yourself..

Way to go!! It's definitely good to get out there and force yourself to do things that make you uncomfortable, the feeling you get after you've accomplished something difficult is great. Mp3 players wonderful when you want to go out and avoid talking to people, I nearly take mine everywhere.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:14 PM

Good for you. You did exactly what you what your fear knew you should not have done. That's builds confidence for sure. Peace sells well in the mind.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page