feeling nervous going most public places - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

feeling nervous going most public places

i can say ive overcome SA. i score around 35 on the liebowitz test. but i still am nervous when i go in the grocery store. i mean i guess it could be a whole lot worse. pretty much whenever i go out its always like go in get what you need and get out pretty fast. i can handle a conversation and know when there just isnt anything to say. sadly i dont know how to be comfortable around people when im out of conversation. i feel more uncomfortable when im around people and we are just walking by each other. does anyone have any experience in getting over little odd habits like these? does the nervousness ever go away? i dont get anxious anymore, just nervous. so i guess i have Social nervousness disorder.another example is i get nervous when im in the kitchen making something to eat and my dads watching tv in the den and is facing my direction. is it normal to feel nervous about your own father potentially watching you. i mean i can talk to him just fine but dont understand why i would be nervous around him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Re: feeling nervous going most public places

I get nervous when people watch me to. That is why I bought a book on meditation to help me concentrate more on what I am doing so I can ignore everyone else around me when I have to get something done. Its taking alot of practice. I was doing well for awhile but every now and then I have a flare up. As far as the grocery store or stores in general is concerned I also get nervous in them to. I try to approach it in baby steps. I try to pick times where the store is not so crowded to go in. I have noticed that when I go regularly my anxiety is really not that bad. I just get annoyed with long lines. So going regularly is a must. Once you have gotten used to the stores when they are less crowded then you can gradually work your way up to when its more crowded. Just my 2 cents.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page