Favorites books to overcome anxiety and fears - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
Thumbs up

Favorites books to overcome anxiety and fears

What are your favorites book to overcome anxiety?

I just read a great one on Amazon called: Worry Free Life: 15 Quick Lessons on How to Overcome Anxiety and Fears That Can Change Your Life by Marcos Lima. I totally recommend it. It also came with a course that really helped me. This is the link:

amazon.com/Worry-Free-Life-Relaxation-Happiness-ebook/dp/B0828M892J/

Let me know what are the best books you`ve read in order to cope with or defeat anxiety and how they have helped to improve your life.

Thanks.,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 09:57 AM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
I recently read how to overcome triggers by david richo. it was awesome and really helpful.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 07:46 AM
MyViewsMatter

My Mood: Inspired
i read many self help books over the years and sad to say, majority of them only deals with the issue on the surface level, but fails to get to the source or the underlying cause of the problem.

The book i recommend that is my number 1 best and that i always recommend to others is THE POWER OF NOW by Eckhart Tolle. This book doesn't directly address social anxiety BUT it gets to the underlying cause or source of the foundational problem so it will help you with all issues in your life including social anxiety.

Remember, your views and what you have to say matter to others AND to yourself

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 07:25 AM
MyViewsMatter

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyViewsMatter View Post
i read many self help books over the years and sad to say, majority of them only deals with the issue on the surface level, but fails to get to the source or the underlying cause of the problem.

The book i recommend that is my number 1 best and that i always recommend to others is THE POWER OF NOW by Eckhart Tolle. This book doesn't directly address social anxiety BUT it gets to the underlying cause or source of the foundational problem so it will help you with all issues in your life including social anxiety.
Just want to further clarify this. It's kinda like seeing social anxiety as a "part" that's connected to the "greater core whole". So the body has many parts connected to the core. But many self help books and therapist think they are just treating the "part" or dealing with the effects but fail to get to the greater core whole like suppressed emotions, childhood trauma, etc. That's why I recommend this book which really gets to the greater core and that's the best way to deal with the part. Otherwise if you just try to "fix" that part, the problem will keep returning because it's connected to the greater core whole. Fix the core, and all the parts will be fixed too.

Remember, your views and what you have to say matter to others AND to yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page