Excessive Sweating? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Excessive Sweating?

So I was just wondering if anyone else with SA also sweats ALOT? I pretty much sweat whenever I leave the house and it's so embarassing because I get the underarm sweat stains and as a female, it's not cool. I always feel like people are staring at me, which makes me sweat even more. I hate it! I could be sitting in class and know I have the wet spots on my shirt, and I hear someone laugh or even talk, and I think that they're laughing and staring at me or something ridiculous like that! It happens in the winter too, but I prefer it then because I can layer my clothes so no one can see. Does this happen to others? How do you guys deal with it if it does? ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 PM
SAS Member

I sweat on my face a lot. It has to do with SA and because of my fatness. I could be nice and comfortable in a store, but once I see more and more people go in, I start to sweat. In high school, I would ignore any homework that had to do with reading out loud or presentations. I would also get to class early because I would start to sweat once all eyes are on me if I'm late. I would rather skip class than to be 2 minutes late.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
SAS Member

Try a perscription strength antipersiprant, it was the only thing that worked for me.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Night will fall and drown the sun when a good man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies.
Night will fall and the dark will rise when a good man goes to war.
Demons run but count the cost; the battle's won but the child is lost.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
SAS Member

Me too :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeny88 View Post
So I was just wondering if anyone else with SA also sweats ALOT? I pretty much sweat whenever I leave the house and it's so embarassing because I get the underarm sweat stains and as a female, it's not cool. I always feel like people are staring at me, which makes me sweat even more. I hate it! I could be sitting in class and know I have the wet spots on my shirt, and I hear someone laugh or even talk, and I think that they're laughing and staring at me or something ridiculous like that! It happens in the winter too, but I prefer it then because I can layer my clothes so no one can see. Does this happen to others? How do you guys deal with it if it does? ...
Hey . I sweat a lot too. I have had the ets surgery. i wrote a thread in secondary disorders a bit ago called hyperhidrosis/ets surgery. I would love to get to know you better. I'm going to add you as a friend.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
SAS Member

I have this too. I've just started wearing dark colored shirts, but it was really bad in high school and I didn't do anything about it, so I worried all the time, which made me sweat more, etc. It sucked. I still haven't figured out what to do about it.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:13 AM
SAS Member

there are RX drugs out there that treat this condition rather well, i've also heard of botox as a good treatment depending on location. I personally have rather bad facial sweating when i'm anxious, sooo, i started rubbing in normal anti-perspiration under my makeup and it's doing wonders.

It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.
-Captain Picard to Data, Star Trek: The Next Generation, “Peak Performance”
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:21 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

I have never been able to tolerant excessive heat! Infact tonight I went out with a friend to play mini golf and was sweating horribly it was 90 plus today but still very embarrassing none the less. And of course this made my anxiety much worse .
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 AM
SAS Member

I use driclor, it is a clinical antiperspirant which I can be bought at any pharmacy, it works wonders for me.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 AM
SAS Member

Take very cold showers, it closes up you pores.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:27 AM
SAS Member

I used to get this. It had nothing to do with the weather, or whether I was nervous or not, it was just a lot, every day. And it was so embarrassing, not being able to raise my arms EVER.

I agree with jyder, try Driclor. I have been using it for two years, and (this sounds lame) but it has changed my life. You use it every night for a week or so, and eventually, you only need to apply it once a week, if that. I'm not sure what it does, but it does it well! I would highly recommend it, as it was the only thing that worked for me Google it and read some reviews/experiences.

ETA: I should add, I am in Australia, and I'm not sure if it's sold in the US... :S If not, I'm sure your doctor could recommend something similar.

Last edited by stig6; 10-04-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Extra thoughts
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 AM
SAS Member

I have that same problem. Everything you mentioned happens to me also. It sucks not being able to wear lighter clothes.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 AM
SAS Member

I had this problem from puberty up through my mid-20s, then it stopped. So maybe you'll grow out of it.

"To study the Way is to study the self. To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to be enlightened by all things. To be enlightened by all things is to remove the barriers between one's self and others."

-Dogen
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 05:16 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeny88 View Post

I have a condition called Hyperhydrosis, my hands sweat (very embarrassing meeting people and shaking hands) my feet sweat (can not wear open shoes) underarms sweat (I am restricted as to what I can wear) My face also sweats if I am extremely nervous.. I had an appointment to get botox injections (may help), but then a hurricane came the same day as my appointment and then I never found the courage to reschedule! You can go to your dermatologist and they will give you a prescription for a antiperspirant and if that doesn't work they will probably suggest botox injections.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
SAS Member

Yes, yes, and yes. I have the exact same problem. I sweat excessively. This sweat is one of the main reasons that I cannot hide my SA. I sweat just walking or whenever I'm in a uncomfortable situation. Ways that I cope with underarm sweat, I by these tshirts that have underarm pads, they are less likely to sweat through to your shirt when used. The bad thing is that they cost about 15 each online. Also I started drinking SAGE tea, which is said to help check excessive sweating. Hope this has helped you.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 05:29 PM
SAS Member

My excessive sweating is one of the main reasons that I cannot hide my SA. For underarm sweat I order these tshirts online that have underarm pads for excessive sweat. The bad part is that the cost around 15 dollars each. Also I drink SAGE tea, which is said to check excessive sweating. Hope this helps.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Aly
Social outcast

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing, since i'm a girl, and everyone thinks that girls shouldn't sweat. I wear deoderant and everything, but minutes after, I get stains under my arms, which is also really embarrassing. I've tried everything but nothing has worked.
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 PM
SAS Member

Everyone use hypercare. It's really itchy after you put it on for about 2 hours but it's worth it. You only need to use it like every 3-4 days. I started using it and my pits are completely dry! I used to wear 2 shirts and people could still see my wet armpits. BTW, it requires a prescription.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 09:40 PM
SAS Member

Yea, i take cold showers everyday (well cool) and also wash with baking soda which helps too. Edrapa I do too, it's called kleinerts, the site i get them. they have this patented formula which repels sweat from goin through with cotton shirts, they have helped a lot. I used to drink sage tea but stopped because it would make me hot. I take magnesium which i have heard can make you sweat throuygh having a deficientcy. (As you can tell, I've done a lot of googling lol) But most importantly, once my anxiety/panic dropped, so did my sweating. I would recommend from personal experience that tackling the anxiety makes the biggest difference .
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 PM
akt
SAS Member

I have that problem.. sometimes because of the weather or moving (I walk fast, so that might cause sweating) but I can get sweaty underarms from just sitting there... maybe I'm getting nervous and I don't realize it (getting lost in thought and worry :/). Whatever the reason, it sucks when it ruins my makeup.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 AM
www.morebettersmarts.com

Same here. It's bad enough suffering internally with SA without it having to manifest outwordly. Most of the time I just have to remember to show up early so I' not rushing around which makes it worse. I remember literally dripping on the table during a job interview. Didn't get it for some reason...

Rick
www.morebettersmarts.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page