Permanently Banned

Everyone is lonely

I like the message, even if it is pretty cheesy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:47 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
I take lonely to a whooole 'nother level. It's very difficult knowing that I'll never have a friend or a boyfriend. I'm hopeful I can change this as I get older, but the more years that pass, the more doubtful I get.

I understand the premise though. I see it, but it's tolerable when you have friends and family for support.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Temporarily Canned

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDiZia View Post
I take lonely to a whooole 'nother level. It's very difficult knowing that I'll never have a friend or a boyfriend.
It is way too early to say that. I can tell from experience that people change a lot in their 20s.

I felt very hopeless for many years but finally over the past year or so I have achieved something pretty close to an average social life. Getting a girlfriend has still proven elusive but I think even that is imminent.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 05:11 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by absreim View Post
It is way too early to say that. I can tell from experience that people change a lot in their 20s.

I felt very hopeless for many years but finally over the past year or so I have achieved something pretty close to an average social life. Getting a girlfriend has still proven elusive but I think even that is imminent.
I tend to think the same as her, so hearing that gives me some hope, even though I'm reluctant to accept it. Thanks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Temporarily Canned

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by OcularZero View Post
I tend to think the same as her, so hearing that gives me some hope, even though I'm reluctant to accept it. Thanks.
I would like to point out the caveat that changes don't happen on their own. I went through years of quite miserable experiences to get where I am, such as going to nightclubs all the time to desensitize myself to being in crowds and making some awkward pursuits of girls to learn the hard way what is and what is not appropriate.

Don't lose hope, but definitely be proactive in trying to overcome your anxiety. Reaching one's 30s and remaining lonely is a very real possibility. I feel like my social anxiety was relatively mild and I barely made it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page