Ever feel like you just have nothing to say? - Page 10 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #181 of 192 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 AM
SAS Member

It's amazing how much I can relate to your description..This is exactly how I feel about myself..It's not all about my shyness..my mind go blank whenever I'm in a group of people..I simply don't know how to express my feelings and I just I have nothing to share with them..They go to parties,trips,hang outs with friends, enjoy life while I do nothing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 192 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 05:26 AM
SAS Member

Wow, I'm the same except I'm male. But you know what, since we are pretty much the same and understand each other. We can start talking to each other. At least we can "forgive" one another for pauses, or if we genuinely have nothing to contribute during such.
post #183 of 192 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 05:28 AM
SAS Member

Also another thing I want to add.. You know how when you contemplate amongst yourself. Your voice for those thoughts are "loud" in a sense. But when confronted in a social scenario, you freeze up and can't act upon your contemplation voice.

post #184 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 06:53 PM
SAS Member

With groups its easier because other people can carry the conversation but one on one conversations suck because theres only so much to say to that person. Why would you have issues talking in a group... after all you probably know at least one of them.
post #185 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
Wow 2009.

And I still have nothing to say. That's the problem. There's just nothing there.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #186 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 11:07 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
I feel the exact same way, but only with certain people and groups of people. Other people I'm fine talking to and I have no idea why. I try to fake it but it doesn't help. There's still always that one kid at work that calls me quiet. And to make matters worse he stereotypes me saying I'm going to kill everyone one day.
post #187 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 11:11 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Paranoid
Duuuuuuude I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have been through this COUNTless times in the past. The first time it happens you think there is something wrong... then it happens again.... and again.......... and again. You start wondering... is there something wrong with me? Here is the thing... Everybody goes through this and some people deal with it differently. There are certain people who will literally say anything cause they want to socialize. I know deep down we all WANT to socialize, you are just a lot more articulate as to when you come out. You could be the guy that is talking and everyone is listening to. It might take something you really care to talk about, but who cares? Nobody is always 100% sure of everything they are saying. Some people are just more willing to talk... you will find your time you just have to keep trying and working at it man. It's literally the same things as anything else you do in life. Stay on the spiral keep growing.

"If you want to change the way people respond to you, change the way you respond to people"
-Timothy Leary

“Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.”
-Gandalf
post #188 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 02:24 AM
Greenmail

Yep all the time
post #189 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 06:12 AM
SAS Member

Argh it's frustrating! I wish more introverts would appear in group conversations so I don't feel like i'm the only one not saying anything. Everywhere I go, I feel like I'm the most quiet person there.
post #190 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 10:30 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiciRomance View Post
I feel the exact same way, but only with certain people and groups of people. Other people I'm fine talking to and I have no idea why. I try to fake it but it doesn't help. There's still always that one kid at work that calls me quiet. And to make matters worse he stereotypes me saying I'm going to kill everyone one day.
you should of said, "I'll start with you first."
post #191 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 01:07 PM
SAS Member

Just about all the time
post #192 of 192 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 02:49 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenDoggy View Post
you should of said, "I'll start with you first."
Haha! That's great! Can't wait to use it next time

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version