Does your family talk for you? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Does your family talk for you?

Mine sure does. Most of the time, I get kinda mad because I'm capable of answering someones question. Or they'll say Thank you for me or order something at the restaurant for me! I'm 20 years old!!!!

I can do it myself...

I guess it's because I take a while to answer people. I can't help it! I have to think before I talk. If I don't, I'll sound stupid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 PM
PreciousGleamingMcNugget

My friend ordered for me at a mexican restaurant last week, I guess she thought I was still anxious about ordering. I felt really stupid. I was also high, and I was like, "Now they're gonna think we're lesbians and that you ordered for me 'cause your the butch one!" Hahah whatever.

nobody exists on purpose. nobody belongs anywhere. everybody's gonna die ~~

If you like pina coladas and gettin caught in the rain, follow me on Twitter @audreytheworst . I never talk about pina coladas or rain. But surely you like other stuff. If you don't, get some other interests already, geez.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
Sometimes my friends did.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
SAS Member

my mom does all the time, i take like 3 seconds to answer someone question, my mom usually does before me, it pisses me off.

Revealing deep secrets from anyone.
Post Secret

Operation Beautiful. Join in.

My World

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 10:05 PM

yeah, my mom talks for me sometimes and it can be annoying... but if i really have something to say i will usually try to signal my mom to stop talking so i can speak.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Big Shy Guy

I used to love my Granny cause she did this for me. I can handle most situation where i know the outcome now. Like ordering food and such. But anytime some kind of conflict arises I need someone to handle it for me, because I just shut down.

Case in point, I recently desided to move out my apt, but I was to nervous to tell the landlord. So I just grabbed my clothes and left. My mom had to go get my furniture and I''m 26!!! How embarrassing.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 11:18 PM
In hiding

Sometimes. The worst thing I will do on occasion is look to my mum for her to answer (usually when I don't know what the answer is). It's embarrassing.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 11:57 PM
SAS Member

They do it for me all the time. My family does pretty much everything for me actually. They make my doctor/dentist appointments, answer the phone for me, order at restaurants...pretty much anything that requires me to talk to people. I'm not annoyed at them for it though because I can't do those things for myself yet. God I sound so pathetic!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 12:05 AM
SAS Member

my mum tlaks for me alot, and it f'n ****s me. sometimes shes not even right. like the other day, im trying to cut back, not stop completely, but cut back on my bread intake, and my uncle saw me eating some food you would normally eat with bread and asked what im doing and she says "he's not eating bread anymore" before i even had a chance to answer. so now i feel whenver im around him i cant eat bread, even though all i was trying to do was cut it back to like 1 or 2 slices a day. urgh. i know it sounds stupid but theres been alot of stuff like that its real annoying.

Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why...I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page