Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

does anyone else have this

251 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EBecca 
#1 ·
so my best friend was feeling sad and upset and she was with her another friend and she hugged her while she was crying and... ,im i the only one in this but...

i get too scared to hug my friends when they are sad cause what if they dont want a hug from me... its scary because i dont how they will react and what they will think of me... so guess wat?

i just stand there watching her burst in tears when her other friend hugs her ...while i just stood there like i didnt care when really i did i just..was too scared to :frown2:

at the same time when i get too scared i will cry cuz it gets too much but again i cried once while getting dressed for P.E at school and my best friend noticed and i couldnt hold it in no longer so i lost it but she never hugged me...

i wish there was someone out there who cared that well just hold me tight and make it better

#2 ·
Me too. I actually always care if somebody else is sad and I wish I could hug them but I just can't. I guess I find it difficult to show emotions when I'm around people who don't know the "real" me. I can only be completely myself around my family. So I've never cried in front of my friends. I think showing emotions requires an ability to be open and honest with other people. If you don't usually show much emotions, others won't know how to react if you're sad, for example. If you are honest, other people will find it easier to be honest with you as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.