Do you talk with your brothers/sisters? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Do you talk with your brothers/sisters?

I don’t talk anymore with my brothers like i used to, besides “hi” or “bye” i’m just too anxious..And that makes me so sad. they think i hate them but im just scared. The only person i’m not anxious to talk with is my mother, but still not 100%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 12:14 PM
zkv
SAS Member

Sure do. Well one of them anyway. The other one is a complicated thing in my life I'm not ready to deal with. But the one I talk to, we had a big fight years ago and stopped talking completely. Eventually we patched things up. Through video games lol, so don't ever tell me it's a waste of time. A waste of time it is, though. Now we're OK, I wish him the best and he wishes back. One time I was having a full-on psychotic break and he actually said the words "I love you". But in a really pissed off tone.

Were you close to them before? How did you go from talking to them to not? Do you still live under the same ceiling? Someone's gotta take the first step, and if they actually think you hate them it's gonna have to be you.

Flowers will grow from these wounds.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Never been very close to my brother, even before he moved away; we have a five-year age difference and nothing in common. In my experience, online and family don't mix so I've never communicated with him online. Based on some things he's posted recently (according to my dad), I have no desire to communicate with him in any way for the foreseeable future.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 01:05 PM
England

Yeah I have2 sisters

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 02:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkv View Post
Sure do. Well one of them anyway. The other one is a complicated thing in my life I'm not ready to deal with. But the one I talk to, we had a big fight years ago and stopped talking completely. Eventually we patched things up. Through video games lol, so don't ever tell me it's a waste of time. A waste of time it is, though. Now we're OK, I wish him the best and he wishes back. One time I was having a full-on psychotic break and he actually said the words "I love you". But in a really pissed off tone.

Were you close to them before? How did you go from talking to them to not? Do you still live under the same ceiling? Someone's gotta take the first step, and if they actually think you hate them it's gonna have to be you.
Last time I saw my nephew(he's my age, 23, and we lived together every summer since kids), last time, I was on a psychotic break too and HE was chasing me around trying to fight me, he eventually calmed down and left, haven't seen him in a year and a half. It was all my fault though, because I thought we were living in a simulation and he was a robot lol.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 02:15 PM
zkv
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incapaz dseguir mintiendo View Post
It was all my fault though, because I thought we were living in a simulation and he was a robot lol.
For real? OK, you win this one.

Flowers will grow from these wounds.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 02:35 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
I get along with my sisters just fine, we have the odd squabble but its always been resolved. It's different with my brothers though, never been close or gotten along particularly well, It has improved with age but we keep our distance.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 04:00 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I text with my brother every couple days. Usually light topics like the weather, food, NHL.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 05:56 PM
bipolar

I talk to my younger sister every week or so - she's one of the funniest people I know.

OP maybe you could try and explain to them (or one of them) why you don't talk to them much. Especially if you used to be close to any of them - then at least there wouldn't be a misunderstanding.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 06:04 PM
Failure's Art

Yes but mostly via txt. We're usually too busy for phone calls plus I hate the phone and due to Covid I haven't visited in a while.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Ω

I pretty much grew up in a house of just girls, and they're all older than me. I'm pretty close with my sisters, though we're often busy with our own lives. One of my sisters goes out late quite a lot to drink, so I tend to have to get her home safely. But that's the extent of our interaction these days.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 06:16 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
no, i don't like him

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-12-2020, 01:23 AM
drifting in mist

Used to get along with my sister but now more often than not I feel like a terrible person after trying to communicate with her. Feel like I'm walking on eggshells and being misunderstood. I guess it isn't just her though, talking to anyone nearly always results in bad feelings. The urge to talk is like the urge to have sex, sometimes I wish I could lose them both and spare myself the pain.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-12-2020, 03:14 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
Yeah I talk to my sister a lot.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-12-2020, 03:17 PM
SAS Member

Language: French/English
I rarely do because our views on many things are completely opposed. Still, we do efforts to keep it together and we are on good terms.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 02:12 AM
SAS Member

My brother and I message each other.

I live at home with the folks and he lives on his own.

When he comes over we don't have proper talks. Our relationship is fine. We just talk about superficial topics.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 02:48 AM
Pesky Pessimist

On/off phases mostly. Usually back and forth mildly for a week or a few days. Then silent for a few weeks. My sister I use to open up more and talk about more personal things. Not anymore though as she has been much more distant the past several years. My brother I talk to him mostly to bond with a game both of us have been playing, usually nothing more beyond that. Occasion it will branch off into us talking about more light personal stuff. But he usually just cut off whenever it starts hovering into those areas.
My brother and sister though, I know they talk constantly and are much more personal and opened with each other. Since they're much closer in age, and they respect each other more, and see each other more as peers and pals.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 08:46 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lurking
Between me and my little sister, it's usually just "hi" and "bye" or a quick chat if we run into each other in the shops. I don't think we've had a conversation in over a year. It's really odd, because we were so close as children and have very similar interests and personalities. There wasn't even a falling-out, we just kind of drifted apart after our older brother passed away.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 09:03 AM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
2 brothers.

One I live with, so I have to talk to him. Love/Hate relationship I guess.....

My oldest brother I'm not close to anymore. We were close once upon a time, but now he has a kid and barely speaks to me, and when he does he always acts too busy and has to leave early. I feel like I'm not related to him anymore tbh. Barely speak to him tbh.

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 06:36 PM
Temporarily Banned

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Yeah we've always been fairly close, and usually live together. When we're not living together we talk less usually online now and then. We kind of just ramble on about esoteric stuff for like an hour+ now and then because we're both kind of weird and often end up being aware of similar weird topics. I think a lot of people find how we communicate kind of annoying though because we don't bother with a lot of the.. I don't know the words formalities? Polite ways of speaking? Social convention? There's another word too I mean obviously small talk is useless. I don't know it just gets very intense though and probably loud sometimes.

Sometimes we have a similar weird sense of humour. One time my mum had this like pack of I think flavoured straws to put in milk and the product design I forget what it was but it had the word moo in. When my mum showed me it I just started laughing I don't know why, and my brother was like 'see you get it.' We have some weird injokes too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page