"Depression attacks" - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy

"Depression attacks"

Anyone have these? They are like a panic attack, in that they come on and disappear within 20-40 minutes. They are an INTENSE bout of depression, like literally almost a suicidal type feeling. I'm having one right now, and feel like nothings ever going to work in my life, I'm a faliure, I might as well kill myself etc. Its weird, because I am not really at all depressed most of the time, but then these depression attacks happen once every 2-3 days. Would medication help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9090 View Post
Being born ugly is like being held down and having human **** packed down your throat, and you have to swallow it to keep breathing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 08:09 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Yes. Sometimes I am in a normal state and suddenly I have a bad thought or I see something that triggers the reaction. I begin to think about my life, my expectations, etc. And I became really sad to the point of crying because all those negative feelings come to my mind in no time. However, in my case, the attack normally goes off after 3 or 5 minutes and I try to think positive afterwards. I had one today and their frecuency are related with my emotional state. (I could have one or two in a day and then not having one in a week)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Brittany

Yes, I have these. It's really weird. Sometimes I'll just feel really horrible about myself and I almost start crying. Then a while later I feel better and I'm like... wtf just happened

Life gets better. <3

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Fed Up

My Mood: Breezy
I have something similar but the depression lasts most of the day but I usually get a few good days in too before they come back. If you feel like you can't handle it then you should probably go to the doctor and they'll probably put you on an anti depressant.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 10:31 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
So like mood swings? Bipolar depression? If you're getting a lot of suicidal thoughts I would see about meds.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 01:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Motel View Post
Anyone have these? They are like a panic attack, in that they come on and disappear within 20-40 minutes. They are an INTENSE bout of depression, like literally almost a suicidal type feeling. I'm having one right now, and feel like nothings ever going to work in my life, I'm a faliure, I might as well kill myself etc. Its weird, because I am not really at all depressed most of the time, but then these depression attacks happen once every 2-3 days. Would medication help?
Hey OP,

Sorry you're going through this, I suffer myself.
I find the best thing to do is just step outside, fresh air, focus on your breathing. Someone told me if you have a keyring or something, to hold it during this stressful period to help you feel safe and regain inner strength. This may not work, but just try different things in the mean time. Hope you're okay mate.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 01:34 PM
SAS Member

Yes!! But I do not feel them as bouts. I experience exactly what you described for most hours of each day. It drives me mad. I'm not sure how much longer I can cope with these intense feelings of negative emotion.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 02:17 PM
SAS Member

maybe this guy can help you: https://www.fiverr.com/s2/377737ee3a
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
One is hitting hard right now. I want to die ****ing hell nothing will ever change. Life for me is just a never ending stream of ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9090 View Post
Being born ugly is like being held down and having human **** packed down your throat, and you have to swallow it to keep breathing.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 09:13 AM
SAS Member

Yup but they last a whole day. My last one was January 9th.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 10:16 AM
Permanently Banned

Yeah. For me it's usually after some negative event that really gets me down. Although they can seemingly come out of nowhere. Extra bad depression. As if regular depression wasn't bad enough. Makes me understand how people could off themselves, if it's worse for them than it is for me.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I had one last night, and another one last week. I believe for me it's because of my long term use of benzodiazepines (Clonazpam)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page