Dealing with group bullying - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy

Dealing with group bullying

How do you deal with groups of people that just don't leave you alone. Like everywhere you go they just talk about you, watch and slander your every move, and just all around find ways to harass you. I don't know what or why this is going on which is the most frustrating part. It's been going on for way too long and they never leave you alone.

TL;DR As an SA'er how do you handle group bullying and bad attention when you have no idea wtf is going on?

complexity is at the root of insanity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:08 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Just ignore them... What they want is your attention.

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:15 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
depends where they bully you? work or school better tell HR or whatever at some stage.

I mean my strategy would be avoid avoid avoid lol

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Been in this situation once a long time ago and it's a difficult situation to deal with if there are no authority figures who will help you out. If you cannot tell someone who has control over the settings (wherever this is taking place) and/or they will not help you, your best alternative might be to remove yourself from that setting.

So, for example, if this is happening in your workplace and you have taken the issue up with the people in charge and they refuse to help, it might be best to look for another job. If they know this is going on and they do nothing about it when you complain, it's not a good situation to be in anyway.

/WYSD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

Yea the HR lady is the daughter of the head lady in charge and actually ENCOURAGING (def not preventing) a lot of the problem. The manager lets these lunatics run wild and the patients encourage them just for entertainment. The doctors are busy with people who are actually dying and due to this wrong impression of what is actually happening (or maybe they just want to save money by hiring scum). I honestly wouldn't care but some of this staff are straight up criminals (I hate this about healthcare staff so freaking much) and I just feel helpless. Like, hearing a home invasion but hiding to save your own behind type of helpless. You know, where you are frozen until you hear the car drive off in the dead of night and can finally start the process of panic. I know I need to move on but I really like the job itself and wish to go further, which wouldn't happen if I just didn't show up.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:39 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Well some people would suggest you pick the biggest and toughest one of the group and fight him. That will cause the others to back off if you kick their leaders rear end.

Its a tough situation you can go to management and complain. May do some good but then you get labeled as a snitch.

Other option is to find a new job. But you may run into the same issue at a new job and you just cant quit work every time their is a disagreement and bullying at work.

So tough situation. Need to stand up for yourself to get it to stop but you will likely get in trouble if you do. Sometimes in life their are no good options. So just pick the least bad option!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

Naw I can put up with it the issue is I'm tired of wasting my life dealing with ignorant and unbearable fools. It's hard to reach what you're trying to do when people just drag you down all the damn time. Then you get to be taken advantage of by employers too, that's always great. Free market sucks for an SA'er :/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page