dating anxiety - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
razzlystar

dating anxiety

So i went on craigslist and posted an ad in the personals for dating and relationships, which is something i normally would totally not do but i wanted a change in my life. I wanted to start dating again which i haven't done in a year because i haven't met any guys that i wanted to be with. So craigslist seemed like a good idea where i can write down what kind of person i am, i mentioned i was shy, and see who was okay with that.

I got quite a few responses but there was one in particular who responded back to me and i liked what he said and how he looks. So, nervous as i was, i replied back to him and we set up a date on wednesday, we're going out for pizza cause we both agreed that was our favorite food. Although i'm exicted, i'm also really nervous about this because i want him to like me and i don't want to freak out so much that i don't talk much or i act like an idiot in front him. How should i prepare myself for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
awake at midnight

I would be more comfortable meeting people on plentyoffish.com or another dating site than Craigslist, so be careful and meet the person in a public place.

Ask the guy a lot of questions. People like to talk about themselves. And it gives you a chance to see if he's actually interested in a relationship. Meeting over food can be anxious since it puts you and him at a table without much to talk about but each other, so perhaps you can go for a walk in the neighborhood if there are a lot of people about. Don't worry about being quiet. If he likes you he won't mind and if you tell him you're nervous he should understand.

Awakened at midnight
by the sound of the water jar
cracking from the ice
-- Basho (Hamill)

"People see me / I'm a challenge / to your balance" -- Wonder, Natalie Merchant

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page