Damned if you do, damned if you don’t - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t

I’m completely fed up with life, Depressed if I stay in the house too much, anxious if I go out and be around people. Catch 22 situation.
My whole woes started when I stopped taking 12.5mg of Sertraline for two days back in May 2018 (has tapered down gradually from 50mg over the course of 2 years). Had a panic attack in a restaurant and subsequently went into a panic, and agitation like never before in my life, jaw muscles went mental, cryed endlessly for 5 or 6 weeks, dropped 2 stone in weight, couldn’t sleep a wink (even though I never had a problem sleeping in my life). My own hunch was that I took withdrawal akathisia, but Doctors diagnosed it as “Depression”. Never been right since that episode, am currently on Mirtazapine 15 mg (worked way up to 45mg but was doing damn all for me so tapered back to 15mg) and a reinstated dose of Sertraline at 25mg even though it’s doing **** all for me.

I get muscle tension all over my neck and shoulders (mainly traps) when I get stressed when out in a social setting. For days after this I can hardly get out of bed in the mornings after this happens and I don’t get any sort of elevation in mood until I expel the tension from my shoulder/neck muscles, it feels as if the muscle tension has a iron grip on my mood. Does anybody have this problem with muscle tension and an apparent stranglehold on their mood?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page