Crippling depression out of nowhere? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Asleep

Crippling depression out of nowhere?

I was prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia recently and experienced a number of ugly symptoms and was taken off of it a couple days ago but I seem to have crippling depression the past few days. I drink with my painkillers and benzos. I take them with muscle relaxants. I feel as though nothing will ever be right again. I’m so depressed and maybe I just feel neglected by people I want to talk to the most.

I really don’t know what to do. I wish I did. I wish I could fall asleep at a reasonable hour, wake up at a reasonable hour, actually feel joy in the things I do. But I don’t. And I wish it would pass. I haven’t taken my Wellbutrin or my Lexapro in a couple weeks, around the time I started the Lyrica, I just take the Klonopin every day and that’s mostly because I get chills if I don’t. Maybe if I take those again they’ll start to help?

Nothing seems right to me right now. And I know how narcissistic that sounds given the state of the world right now and I hate myself for that. I’ve always gotten my self esteem from my writing and from helping others. But now my writing I feel is **** even when others say it’s not and there’s simply too many people in my life who need help and I don’t have the resources for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 03:06 PM
Someone you used to know.

Consider putting down the booze. It's going to muddle everything else you're taking so you can't get a clear picture of what's working and what's not. I also suggest letting your doctor know you haven't been taking your Wellbutrin or Lexapro. It may be that you're experiencing some withdrawal from those, which can be brutal.

I don't think any of us are doctors, but believe me when I say I'm well experienced in how much worse alcohol makes everything.

Best of luck to you.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 10:27 AM
SAS Member

Yeah, I would lay off the alcohol and get outside as much as possible. I have found that going outside at least once a day is beneficial for me and if I can go out 2-3 times and stay out for at least 15 mins, that is best. I also have had a good bit of luck taking supplements and vitamins from a brand called metagenics Try doing things you used to love like playing board games, riding a bike outside, putting a puzzle together, drawing or painting, etc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page