Coping mechanisms when in an anxiety-provoking situation? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Coping mechanisms when in an anxiety-provoking situation?

Hi everyone. In about a weeks time, I am going to attend an assembly of about 400 people. I could easily avoid it as a whole like i've done so many other times, although it hasn't gotten me anywhere and has begun to take a toll on my education. I'm going alone, although everyone else will be going with a group of friends. Being alone in situations like these tend to make me feel even more anxious, although there is no way that i'll be able to go with anyone, and definitely no way that i'll start a conversation with somebody new (baby steps).
So, my question is, what are some coping mechanisms that you think may be useful in this situation to make it somewhat easier for me? I was thinking of just getting wasted beforehand, but i'm beginning to question that idea...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page